x. an itch to scratch.

head in the clouds. chapter ten.
SUMMARY ; margo wears a dress that isn't approved by her mother, jeffrey can't handle it anymore.

if you're seeking heaven
then you wanna come and get it alright
be my daddy tonight
——

JEFFREY COULD barely drag himself out of bed the following morning, just as he predicted diana had shaken him awake at six thirty. the sun hadn't risen yet and the woman had already taken a shower, urging jeffrey to wake so they could get on with their day. if jeffrey felt as exhausted as he did he could only imagine what margo was going to feel like when he came and woke her up, especially when he knew she hasn't been sleeping well since the incident on the plane.

"assuming you two made up last night, you go wake margo up." diana told the man in a bitter tone on her way out of the bedroom. jeffrey puffed out a heavy sigh at this, followed by a yawn escaping his mouth, every time she talked about margo to him it was always in that same voice, and it was beginning to irritate him. jeffrey decided it was way too early to get into an argument with the woman, and instead crossed the hall in his sweatpants while he tugged a white tee shirt over his head in the process, deciding diana wouldn't be happy if she caught jeffrey with margo shirtless.

he peeled open the door, seeing margo's blonde hair scattered all around the white pillows messily and her arms had been up above her head, hands tucked underneath the pillows, but anything beyond that was hidden below the thick white quilt. jeffrey made his way over to the bed, sitting down beside her sleeping body, jeffrey felt like a horrible person when he shook her awake and margo whined in complaint, turning her head to nuzzle her face into his thigh, rubbing her nose against the soft fabric of his sweatpants.

"hey, mar. wake up, sweetheart. i know, i know you don't want to," jeffrey cooed when margo almost started to cry against him, for sure getting wet marks on his grey pants due to her tears, but he couldn't care less about that. he put one hand on the back of margo's head, softly messaging it and scratching his fingers against her scalp, surely doing nothing but lulling the girl back to sleep. the disney part of the trip was always exhausting, after this they would be allowed to sleep in until at least nine, but god it was miserable to not fall asleep until past midnight and be nagged to wake up a little after six.

jeffrey gave margo a few moments to wake up — not really, she was falling back to sleep but she truly looked too precious in that moment to keep bothering. he brushed her hair away from her face, stroking his thumb over her temple and into her hairline repeatedly, the palm of his hand laying on top of her head. margo had pressed her forehead and nose against his leg, her head moved from its positive on the pillow to instead rest on the mattress to be closer to jeffrey.

"hey, c'mon baby- i know you're sleepy, i know," jeffrey added when margo whined again, digging her face in between the space of the mattress and his leg. it was better be woke her than diana, considering the woman wouldn't have been gentle about it. jeffrey moved his hand to rub up and down her arm. "you should get in the shower, it'll wake you up," jeffrey suggested, seeing as the girl was not budging anytime soon. the blonde grunted, her eyes remaining closed.

"want you to shower with me," margo mumbled, her words coming out muffled due to her mouth being pressed against his sweatpants. jeffrey licked his lips, wetting them as he averted his eyes to stare at the bed frame, his thoughts beginning to wander from what margo had said to him. god, he wished he could, it would be a blessing to be able to scoop the girl into his arms and do all the work for her in the shower, he'd let her stand her there and work on waking herself up. he just wanted to take care of her.