xii. didn't mean it.

Start from the beginning

margo had met michelle once, it was last year on their annual summer trip to orlando and the visit to the woman's house lasted only about twenty five minutes before margo had jeffrey drive her home because she was feeling sick to her stomach. michelle did nothing but ask non stop questions, even to margo who was a stranger to her, anything ranging from what college would margo attend to and if she's kissed anyone recently. the strange woman truly had no filter or regards for other's privacy.

on one hand she could put up with michelle's never ending prying into her personal life, or she could stay home and risk running into jeffrey in the hallway. they both were horrible choices, and
margo's brain quickly racked for a third option. she could use this time to her advantage, her mother would be absent all day, it would give her a chance to talk to jeffrey without the risk of diana overhearing. but the fear of jeffrey wanting nothing to do with her was quickly overbearing that thought.

he knew diana was cheating on him, the only reason he was staying was for margo, now that she was almost positive she had ruined everything.. what would be keeping him here? margo's heart wrenched at the thought of him packing up and taking the next flight home to abandon the two, to abandon margo. the blonde would never forgive herself, she hoped to god that wasn't even a thought crossing jeffrey's mind.

"margo, i'm leaving! are you coming with me?!" the blonde heard her mother shout from downstairs. margo turned over to lay on her back, staring up at the ceiling with a blank expression. when diana heard no response she took that as her answer and left the house. margo knew sulking in her bedroom probably wasn't the best way to spend one of her summer days, especially when she could see the sun shining from behind her closed curtains, but that was the least of her concerns and the last of her thoughts.

she had to face jeffrey eventually, and she'd rather do it when they were able to be alone.

|

margo had been laying on the couch, resting on her side to lay her head upon the armrest, a fuzzy white blanket draped over top of her. her eyes had been glued to the flat screen tv hanging above the fireplace that had been displaying the image of belle dancing around a ballroom with the beast in her puffy yellow dress. the movie made margo upset, considering she was in orlando, minutes from disney world, but she was sitting at home feeling sorry for herself when she could've been at one of the parks, or at least the beach. but she only had herself to blame for the situation she had gotten herself into.

it was nearing past seven thirty, the sun was beginning to set, the large windows showing off the pool in the backyard and displaying a part of the sky for margo to glance at the sunset every now and then. margo had decided to move her location into the living room around lunchtime, and jeffrey never came out of his bedroom, not once. if the circumstances were different margo would've been impressed with his stubbornness.

it was getting late and she knew her mother would be home soon, margo needed to talk to him, she needed to see him, rather he yelled at her the second she entered his room she no longer cared, she was desperate to find out how he was feeling. margo flung the blanket off of her, quickly making up her mind that she would go into the lions den to talk to him.  she could feel her heart hammering against her chest as she approached the bedroom door, it was difficult to feel half of herself itching to push it open and see him, it had felt like years since she's last laid eyes on him, while the other part of herself wanted to retreat back downstairs to the comfort of the couch.

margo knocked her knuckles against the wood before thinking for another moment, her tongue poking out to lick her dry lips as she held her breath and awaited for a response. she got silence in return, margo frowned at this, she wouldn't walk away, she couldn't just leave, not after she got this far. margo twisted the door handle, seeing as it was unlocked, she pushed the door open ever so slowly, her eyes being met with the sight of jeffrey leaned back against the bed frame, laptop opened in his lap and the comforter pulled up to his waist. the man glanced up from his screen at the sound of the door opening, he only looked at the blonde for a short second before averting his gaze back onto the screen.