Chapter 3- The people we meet

Dedicated to DestinyLeane, Thank you so much for your feedback and corrections, I really appreciate it.

Glad to see you continued!!!

Night falls, most people are sleeping peacefully, while the rest are up doing God knows what.

We look into the boys' room, as all three of them sleep peacefully on their beds.

Peacefully, so peacefully that you could easily hear a pin drop.

But suddenly, something shatters that peace.

Willis slowly wakes up, with his eyes already used to the darkness he sluggishly sits up and fits his feet into his slippers at his bedside.

He had an uncomfortable expression on his face like things weren't ok.

He suddenly begins to hold his chest and take in and out sharp breaths as his life depended on it.

Without wasting time he brings out the big heavy bag he had hung on his shoulder earlier that day and searches quickly through it as he whispers harshly under his breath, "Please God, where is it?"

Seeing that the bag was of no use, he gets up to look into the drawer at his bedside. He searches, and searches, and searches, to no avail.He was running out of breath, he could feel it, he now had a hard time standing...and seeing, and it definitely wasn't because of the darkness.

He then leans on top of the drawer, trying to see if he could recover from his asthma attack, but his head only spins with all the sweat running down his face.

He got dizzy due to his lack of fluent air.
If the lights were on, he would have definitely been seeing double by then.

When he finally realizes he couldn't take it anymore, he quickly falls to the floor dragging the side lamp on the drawer alongside him and shattering it on the floor.

The loud noise it makes is powerful enough to wake Ron and Gerald up.

Ronald opens his eyes in tiredness and confusion, trying to open them even wider to see where the loud noise came from.

He sits up and rubs his eyes to get a clearer vision.

"Dude he's dying!" Ron hears from Gerald as Gerald quickly rushes out of his bed.

His vision was now clear enough to see Gerald rush across the room all the way to Willis's bedside with a small torch bound to his forehead.

He sees Willis's figure on the floor tightly holding its neck and making loud noises showing it was uncomfortable.

He regains his senses and swiftly puts on his bedside lamp.

"Willis!" he quickly rushes to the floor where Gerald was trying his best to calm Willis down.

"Where is it?!, where is your inhaler?! Please tell me, dude, where is it?!" Gerald screams.

"I...I...I must have...left it...at home."

"Oh my God dude, are you crazy?!"

"Gerald this is no time to point fingers at him right now!" Ronald says as he gets up from the floor, he goes and opens the door.

He heads back to Willis's belongings and grabs a coat.

"Ok, here's the plan, we're going to both carry him up, then we'll call a cab, I know a nearby pharmacy."

"Good idea dude, help me."

With that, they both lift Willis up and carry him out of the room before locking the door.

🎗🎗🎗
"Here dude, sit here," said Ronald as he and Gerald gently drop Willis on a couch in the pharmacy.

"Willis, we'll go see who is in charge of this place ok? Just hang on,"

"Dude let's hurry!" Gerald says as he drags Ronald's arm and they begin to rush to the counter.

Willis on the other hand obviously wasn't doing well, the sharp breaths he took didn't really seem to make much of a difference of his condition.

He kept looking around the room wishing Gerald and Ron could be a little bit faster.

He caught sight of many things, the beautiful chandelier that hung on the ceiling, all the people sitting and waiting for their turn to see the pharmacist, the girl who sat on the couch across the room, his eyes stop at that.

He admires her, she was a black girl, with her perfect curly hair, and her perfect eyes, her perfect lips.

He loved the view.

He notices she was wearing pyjamas like him and his friends, so she definitely might have been a student too.

All these he notices about her forgetting his condition for a moment.

She looks at him with concern and fear written all over her face, just like the other random people who were also at the pharmacy.

But he didn't really care at the moment.

Although he was struggling with his breathing, he could also notice how beautiful she looked in the small gold necklace she wore, a necklace with a little butterfly pendant hanging on it.

By then Ron and Gerald come running back with an inhaler.

"Dude we got it! We got it!" Ronald shouts.

"Ron hurry! Put it in his mouth!"

Ronald immediately kneels down in front of Willis, puts the inhaler into his mouth and presses the top twice before taking it back out.

"Is it better now Willis?! Please talk to me!"

"Just...just one more," Willis manages to whisper.

With that Ronald repeats the same action all over again, but this time he slowly takes it out.

"Are you ok man?!, say something! anything!"

"I'm...am ok, it's all good, am fine."

"Oh, thank God!" Ronald says in relief as he drops to the floor.

"Don't you ever scare us like that again dude! We thought we were gonna lose you."

"You can't get rid of me that easily Ron, don't worry...am fine now," Willis gives a faint smile.

"Don't worry dude, I'll call your mom to let her know what just happ..." "...No! Don't, please, I said I was fine Gerald."

Gerald and Ron then look at him in surprise, they definitely weren't expecting to hear that.

Gerald then tries again.

"Dude come on you still look a little weak, maybe I could just call her to let her kn..." "...Promise me you won't call her!"

Willis weakly stands up and looks them both in the eyes.

"The both of you swear it on your life!"

And that's a wrap people, you've come to the end of chapter three.
Thank you so much to those of you who have followed my book this far,
It really means a lot to me.
Don't forget to kindly drop your votes if you liked this chapter.
Lots of love,
Francesca💖💖💖

Lots of love,Francesca💖💖💖