Bittersweet

At this point Aoi had no idea how long he had been a prisoner. He spent most of his time sleeping and eating. At one point he had been left with a week's worth of crackers and when the week was supposedly up he still had half. Luvdain had felt bad then.

He had noted though that he rarely, if ever, heard the door lock. He knew his internal clock was off but dinner felt late tonight and the angel was almost certain the door was unlocked.

Aoi sucked in a breath and stood slowly, tiptoeing over. He put his hand on the doorknob and slowly turned it. It made the full turn.. So he pulled slowly, careful and fearful.

The door opened.

The angel peered out and listened, very afraid. He was shocked no one heard his heart pounding, the drum echoing off the walls.

He saw the stairs and nothing at the top. As his eyes moved down he was met with those of a cat. If the thing could even be called a cat.

The creature had black fur and too sharp whiskers. It also had little spikes or horns, he wasn't sure which, poking out near its ears. Its eyes though... its eyes looked like black holes. He swallowed and stared at it for a moment before slowly moving and stepping towards the stairs.

The cat ran up them and he prayed it wasn't meant to be the alarm.

Aoi continued though, figuring there was nothing left to lose. He made his way up the stairs, cautious and listening ahead.

There was still nothing when he got to the top. He could smell what had been named cookies though and finally he heard a trail of laughter.

"Koooooooonaaaaaa~~" Luvdain's voice rang out, singing almost. "Konana will he like theeessse?"

Aoi listened a little closer and decided fuck it. He followed the sound of the demon's voice, wondering why it was so sing-songy and slurred.

He stepped through the house lightly, noting how nice it was and that it was in fact a basement he had been locked in and not a prison. He walked down the hallway and saw a big room with fluffy furniture and then a little past that he found the entryway to the kitchen.

The kitchen was exceptionally nice. Its colors were warm grays and fuzzy reds with enough lighting that it looked welcoming and open despite the normally crowded feeling colors. It was cozy but not cramped and far far nicer than anything Aoi expected from the kitchen of a demon.

Luvdain was swaying where he stood, mixing something in a big bowl. Aoi assumed that somehow that stuff turned into a cookie. The cat looked offended by the sight of what it saw in the bowl and it was the cat from earlier. That must be Kona.

The cat swiped Luvdain with its paw and hissed. The demon turned around. This was the first time Aoi had seen him in proper lighting. He had guessed the colors right but they looked far prettier than he had expected. Also. Luvdain was looking at him.

"Heeeeeeyyyyyy gorgeous~~" Luvdain had a strange, fever like flush across his face as he swaggered closer. "You're pretty~"

Aoi stood there and let the demon grab his wrists and walk into him until they were chest to chest. The males grip didn't hurt and he didn't understand why he was being called pretty. He didn't even know why Luvdain wasn't getting mad.

He felt himself being pulled along. Aoi assumed it was back downstairs to the basement but he didn't protest. There was no point. Hopefully he could plead end obedience and get a quick death.

They went upstairs though. Now the angel was really really.

Really.

Really confused. Aoi actually had no idea why they would go upstairs again. Is the sacrifice room upstairs? That seems a design flaw. Blood would soak through the floors and ruin whatever room is under it...I guess my final act of revenge will get to be feeding the mold, then..