Chapter 128

The trip back south feels a lot shorter than the journey North did. Every day, I've started to teach Daenerys the basics of sword fighting. She gets tired from holding the heavy sword pretty easily, and she is quick to get frustrated at the practice and drills.

I want her to know though, just in case she needs to defend herself.

"I can't always be there to help you, my love..." I say after she throws the dull training sword to the ground.

"Drogon will always protect me." She huffs. "This is pointless. My hands hurt." She pouts.

I chuckle and take her hand. I take her finger and run it across my palms and fingers. "Feel how hard and rough my hands are...?" I whisper.

She smiles slightly and nods. "Yes..." she says breathlessly. "I know these hands well." She looks up at me.

"Its from years of practice..." I say leaning in close to her.

She closes her eyes and I close the gap between our lips.

"My Queen, Ser Nyla..." I pull away from Daenerys and see Ser Jorah shift awkwardly. "The cooks say that supper is ready. We need the hall to eat."

I look around the room and see the tables and benches pushed aside to make room for our training.

I move to start putting the tables back in place. "Sorry! My bad ser..."

Ser Jorah and I work together to put the benches and tables in place, soon everyone else starts to file in, and our food is served to us.

I sit with Jon on my left and Daenerys on my right. Jorah sits beside her on her other side. Across from us, Ser Davos, Tyrion, and The Hound eat their meals.

Jon looks around at everyone. "So... The captain tells me that we will arrive at Dragonstone tomorrow."

Ser Davos nods. "If the wind stays in our favour we will."

"Yes, we have to pick up some of the others we left there." Says Tyrion. "Including our armies. We have to show Cersei our full power."

I look towards him. "Is there any guarantee she won't try to kill us as soon as we step into the city?"

He shifts in his seat. "Well... we have Jamie. And our army far outnumbers hers..."

"Would your sister hesitate to take the upper hand?" Daenerys says, her expression dark as she looks at her Hand. "Even if it meant sacrificing her brother?"

He swallows and shakes his head. "I don't think she would."

Daenerys glares at him. "You don't think...?"

"Please... your grace..." says Jon. "I believe in this idea. We all have to. We need all of Westeros to fight this threat. It's what we risked our lives to do. Its what Thoros gave his life for. To prove to Cersei that the Army of the Dead is the real threat. Even if we fail... we can say that we tried. That we were in the right."

I chuckle. "And if she kills us... we can say we died in the right."

Jon gives me a side glare and I shrug.

The next day we arrive in Dragonstone to take our army to the Capital. All the Dothraki, Unsullied, Iron Islanders, and Dornishmen barely fit onto our fleet, even with the ships stolen from Euron's and the Master's fleets. We have over 200,000 men altogether. It's quite a sight.

Daenerys and I ride Drogon and Rhaegal to the Capital. Visarion flies with us.

The meeting will take place around midday, but Daenerys insists we get there after everyone else, she has a flair for the dramatic, my love does. But it will be good for our enemies to see the Dragons in their full power.