My first day in Tokyo

We checked into a hotel. Luxury everywhere. The smallest of the things suggested aristocracy. It was called The Park. I got a separate room of mine. THANK GOD! I dressed myself in different layers, it was snowing outside. I sent a few messages to my friends, who were few as well. I asked my mom if I could go downstairs and she said yes. Provided, I should return after 1 hour, not a minute before, not a minute after. Yes, I knew what they were planning to do. Okay, I’m on my own now.

I took the stairs down all the way from the 23rd floor. A cold gush of wind blew past me as I opened the door. Started walking on the streets, streets that were hella crowded. I felt as if I was lost. If I could stay lost forever and never return to my family again. I loved the feeling. So I kept walking till 8 when I realized I had to go back home.

Went all the way up, the elevator this time. Rang on my parent’s door. Mom opened the door and asked what I needed. I was hungry, or that’s what I told her.

“You can order whatever you want, honey. We’ll pay for you. Well yeah, don’t go too expensive. Okay?”

“Okay, mom. What about you?”

“We’re watching a movie, darling.”

“Can I join you please?”

“It’s PG 18, darling. I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay, mom. Never mind.”

So kind, I whispered to myself. I loved them and they loved me. What they hated was expressing it to me and I understood that.

I ordered for spaghetti and some Diet Coke with an “Oh, SO EXPENSIVE” expression. Turned on the TV, ate and watched till I felt asleep.

I woke up with my phone ringing. It was mom. She wanted me to go down for breakfast and have a shower after that. We were going to Disneyland. Well, Disneyland?? “You’ll enjoy in there.” was what she said in reply. I did what she said. We were in Tokyo for not more than 3 months. My father had a project in here, so he shifted with me. We had nobody in Nevada except my grandparents who were too old to look after me. I had to get into a good college once I graduated. And that was pretty hard in Tokyo.