“Don’t worry guys,” Chase chuckles to the kids. He’s behind Kiera, close enough his arm brushes her back. “She’s only playing moody mummy” he presses a quick kiss to her cheek, which she growls at.

“Moody-“

Chase clears his throat, “Can Travish look over Carter?”

Crevan doesn’t even hesitate to order one of the Revokers to find the doctor. When she turns to Kiera and Chase again she inclines her head to the hideout. “Let’s go inside, it’s cold out here. We’ll set up a room for those two: you will like it close to your sleeping courters.” She states as if she knows them down to the core.

Kiera nods.

“Very well,” Crevan says calmly. “Corinth will stay with them tonight, and I will inform everyone that the two are not to be harmed. Let’s find somewhere to talk, it slipped my mind that you two will shift tonight. Nonetheless, I’m sure we can find adequate places for you to spend the night.”

 Once inside Kiera puts Hunter down but he doesn’t let go of her hand for anything.

It turns out Carter isn’t just a little battered.

He’s been interrogated-tortured.

Someone had defiantly punched him, and small random bruises litter his skin. His shoulder is dislocated, and his stomach has been torturously cut in long, shallow stripes. Most are healed completely, making them think he’s been cut many times, the Alcret’s healed him so he wouldn’t bleed to death, then resumed cutting.

It had taken all Kiera’s will not the charge back to the compound to slaughter them. It will be suicidal, she knew, but the thought is beyond tempting.

Carter can’t tell them anything at all. He won’t talk. At first Kiera thought he doesn’t want to, and then thought perhaps he’s too traumatized. The alternative is worse, one in which Kiera wouldn’t have thought of by herself

The Alcrest may have done some weird magic hexing and made it so he physically can’t talk- Travish won’t rule it out.

Unfortunately, Carter is too young to spell anything helpful other than yes and no. His ‘s’ are still backwards.

Travish is working in the dark, but says that if it is a hex, that another witch may be able to remove it. Crevan’s going to work on it tomorrow, but leaves no promises that one will be willing. Tempering with other peoples magic can create backfire, and sometimes can cause death.

For now, all Kiera can do is sit, locked -once again- in the glass room. It has been stripped since she was last here, and all that’s left is one lonely bed in the corner.

She notes now that the room is smaller then she’d intentionally thought. There isn’t even a good meter from her glass walls, to the plaster ones outside it. The ceiling is low, but still tall enough that she can’t reach it from the ground.