Chapter Six

Weeks went by fast, days went by slow. Baz got the job. They had different shifts, so everyday 13 hours was spent at the cafe. Baz got reported once for bothering the customers because he couldn't stop leaning over the counter to kiss Simon. Nights were spent closing up and stealing rum chocolates from the back room. Simon was the happiest he'd ever been. He and Baz rarely got into any fights.
   The night Baz asked to be his boyfriend, they were having a picnic on the roof of Simon's apartment building. They stayed up there close under a blanket until the sun came up. Simon played some music from his phone and they danced to the sunrise.

   Good things last. Simon had to keep reminding himself that every time he thought maybe this good thing was going to end. He kept himself from lashing out and ruining it for as long as he could. Of course the one time they fight he has to say the most cruel thing. Of course Baz is left looking like he'd just been punched in the face. He yelled then. They both did, but Simon never realized how easy it was for Baz to find his words. It was so easy for him to hit Simon back with the worst of them.
   It was Friday. The clubs were just beginning to open when Baz had finally had enough and stormed out. And Simon was on his way to his car when Micah stopped him, looking bothered.

   One important thing to know about Micah is that he's about four feet and five inches tall. Simon, and anyone for that matter, was practically a foot and a half taller than him.
   He moved from America to live with Penny. It was nice and all, but Simon never really saw the appeal about him.

"Because I don't have anyone else to tell. I certainly can't tell her."
"Alright, out with it." But he already knew. Of course he did, Micah was the least subtle man he'd ever met.
"I slept with someone else a few times. We weren't engaged yet, it wasn't serious or anything."
"You cheat on my best friend and expect me not to tell her?"
"It wasn't serious! Penny doesn't have to know, especially with it being such a close friend."
"I'll bite," Simon sighed. "Who'd you fuck?"
"I don't know if you want to hear this." Micah pressed his lips together. "Well, Agatha." No, no way.
"Agatha, my ex-girlfriend Agatha?" Simon stood up, towering above Micah. "When?" Micah mumbled something and looked down at his shoes. "When?" Simon repeated forcibly.
"Three months into your relationship." He punched the table, startling Micah, and walked into his room.
   Agatha, of course Agatha. Agatha made Simon gayer. Saying her name made him throw up in his mouth. She was manipulative and overbearing, overwhelming, selfish; she had made him miserable. There's a long list of things Agatha was, but a cheater, Simon never expected that.
"I want you out of my house," he growled. Micah tried to defend himself but was immediately cut off. "Get the fuck out right now." He left quickly.
   Simon wasn't sure whether to get drunk and then tell Penny, or tell Penny and then get cripplingly drunk. He chose the former option. He ate a couple edibles and washed them down with half a bottle of scotch. It was around this time when Baz called.
"Look, I know we've only been dating for a week. It's just that this is my first time with a guy, ok? And I'm gonna get a lot wrong, I'm just always so afraid to-"
"I don't really give a damn frankly, my dear. Deary dear. Did you know Penny's boyfriend cheated on her with my ex girlfriend? Isn't life funny..."
"What-are you drunk?"
"Are you surprised? How do you spell surprised? Anywayy I'm gonna go drive over to Penelope's home."
"No you're not I'm calling you an uber."
"He wanted to have her baby but he fucked my girlfriend."
"You don't have a girlfriend, Simon, you have me."
"My girlfriend. Well she is really hot I guess. You're hot but in a completely different way."
"Why are you saying this to me?"
"Agatha, what kind of ugly bitch name is Agatha? My ugly bitch of a girlfriend that's who. I gotta go I need to tell Penny something, I don't remember what but I'll remember."
   Simon squinted as he drove. It was impossibly hard to see, everything was so dark. Eventually he got to Penny's and when he walked into the little house, he heard yelling in the bathroom.
"Micah, I'm getting the abortion! I can't keep having this conversation, just let me go! Simon?" He found his way into the room and pointed a shaky finger at Micah.
"He fucked Agatha." There was a bit of an uproar and the room seemed to be getting smaller and darker. Penny screamed when she was pushed into the bathtub.
"Do it yourself, I DON'T FUCKING CARE!"
"Micah!" Scissors flew across her stomach. It might have been an accident and Micah just didn't notice where he'd aimed that throw. When Simon saw the blood he felt a little uneasy.
"Agatha, I'm going to find some help." He was lying, he just wanted to not look at all that blood.

"Snow! I called you three times, where are you?"
"Baz darling I'm going to every bar in the world. Now goodbye, I love you!"
"What?! Si-" End call.