Chapter Two

"You ever smoke a joint before?" Simon had then discovered Baz blushing was the most adorable thing he'd ever fucking seen.
"No, eaten an edible. That's about as far as I've gotten," Baz shrugged.
"You're about to go farther. Hold on I think I have a few more." Simon practically ran to his bedroom and grabbed a fat one. "The mix of alcohol and weed is really something, wait 'til you try this."
He handed his lighter and the joint to Baz and went to the kitchen for water. He could hear Baz coughing as he filled up a cup.
"Here, let's trade." Simon replaced the blunt in Baz's hand with the cup of water.
"So, you're like a stoner or something?" Baz coughed once more before drinking the rest of the water. Simon watched Baz's eyes as he took a hit.
"I guess you could say that." He blew the smoke into Baz's face before passing the joint to him. "This is my second one today, actually. I might have a problem." He was only slightly joking, but Baz laughed anyway.
"Simon Snow. That's your real name?" He laughed again.
"You're already feeling it? Damn, didn't realize what a lightweight you were," Simon giggled. "Yeah it's my real name."
"Simon Snow... Mr. Snow."
"What's your name again?" Simon grinned at the intoxicated man sitting next to him.
"Tyrannus Basilton Grimm Pitch, a mouthful." I'll give you a mouthful, Simon thought.
"Oh right, Baz. Mr. Pitch."
"Snow. Hey, Snow, thanks for this." They stared at each other for a while.
"For getting you fired? No problem." Simon watched Baz's lips for a moment. "Hey, Grocery Guy, you have a girlfriend?" The smirk on his face was a clear answer. As was Baz grabbing his face and kissing him. It didn't last as long as he would have liked because Baz pulled away.
"I'm sorry, I've never done that before." He took a pull from the bottle of vodka.
"Well, we've got two great sets of lips and two fantastic excuses," Simon gestured to the table where the vodka sat and where he'd put out the joint. "I say we fuck." Baz's face reddened immediately.
"I've never... been with a guy before."
"Oh? Well I'm honored." He liked how easy Baz was. In a matter of seconds shirts were removed and Simon's hands were leaving white marks on Baz's blushing skin.

Simon woke up alone. He always did. He didn't mind, not really. Penelope would be coming soon. (She would check in on him every morning before work after what happened last year.) (Simon had swallowed an entire bottle of sleeping pills. He just wanted to know what it was like. He was in the hospital for a while. Nobody visited but Penny and his ex girlfriend Agatha.) Simon sat up with a pounding headache and unfocused eyes. He blindly reached over to grab his bottle. (Maybe he'd just stay a little drunk forever.) The bottle was empty and his head continued to throb.
"Simon!" Penelope yelled, slamming the door.
"Fuck," Simon groaned. He placed a pillow over his bare front.
"Simon, I have to talk to you. Fuck, I really fucked up."
"And good morning to you too, asswipe." He trudged over to the fridge and downed a bottle of water and four aspirins.
"I don't know what to do, Simon, this is bad. I'm so scared and I don't want to fuck things up with Micah and if I-"
"What, Penny? Just tell me."
"I'm pregnant."
"Wha- hold on, I need to put pants on."
His phone started ringing. Penny tore apart the couch before finding it, along with his underwear.
"Oh! Thanks." Simon grabbed both. "Hyello." He answered while pulling his underwear on.
"Snow?"
"Baz?" Simon didn't remember giving him his number.
"Ok, I had you in my phone as pizza delivery guy, which made no sense because I was the pizza delivery guy-wow am I hungover. I don't know where I am and I can't see straight-"
"Baz, you're in the parking lot of my building."
"I don't even remember leaving your apartment, how could I have-"
"I'm looking at you right now." Simon turned away from the window to find another pair of underwear peeking out from under the couch. "And now I'm looking at your boxers."
"Oh, that's great." He continued speaking 50 words per second until Simon hung up. He practically ran down the stairs and into the parking lot. Baz was still talking to his phone. He was so cute, sitting there, not shutting up, completely naked. Simon knocked on the window, startling him. He went all red and it made his hickeys more visible. He opened the door and Simon slid in the back seat next to him.
"Here you go." Simon handed him his underwear.
Baz took them, suddenly forgetting how to speak. He looked Simon over, eyes landing on the large mark he'd made on Simon's collarbone. Their heartbeats were quick.
"Look, my friend is having a crisis, I should-"
"Yeah, yeah, of course. Yeah, um..." Baz leaned over awkwardly and kissed Simon's cheek. Simon rarely blushed, Baz really brought something strange out of him. He pressed his hand into his cheek and got out of the car, walking back home without looking back.
"Do you want to keep it?" He closed the door and sat at the table with Penelope.
"I don't know. I don't think so. God, but it's a baby, Simon."
"It's not. It's barely alive, a cluster of cells. No brain, no heart. Not a baby, something you feel isn't going to be good for your relationship."
"Ok. Good point. Ok, yeah then it's settled." Penny still looked lost.
"You could tell him," Simon said softly. She nodded, glancing down at her hands. "Hey, it's your choice." She nodded again, a little more sure of herself. "I love you, Pen."
"Love you too, Simon." He grabbed her hand and they sat like that for a long time.
"Alright I need more drugs." Simon got up and opened the cabinet.
"I'm late for work. See you later."
"Mhm." Simon grabbed a scotch bottle and went to his room to get dressed.