Chapter Five

"What are you thinking right now?"
"I'm thinking we were really dumb to assume worms can get self-concious."
"You brought it up, Baz."
"I did, didn't I..." Simon reached up over Baz to turn the record over. When he looked back down Baz had that now familiar wild look in his eyes. Simon couldn't remember the last time he had morning sex. He'd almost forgotten how fantastic it was.
   They spent the day dancing around Simon's flat naked. At some point they decided Baz would work at the coffee shop with him. Then they tried to go vegan but Simon kept whispering "bacon" in Baz's ear and they gave up fairly quickly. Bacon cheeseburgers were immediately ordered.
   Simon rubbed the hamburger grease all over his face, earning disgusted shouts. He claimed it was a good moisturizer, but neither of them were convinced.
   Baz performed a fashion show in all of Simon's clothes. (No, they were not intoxicated.) (Not completely intoxicated.) The jumpers were too big and the pants were too small.
"I think they fit perfectly," Simon grinned. They did not stay on very long.

"You wear glasses? Oh my god, you're a nerd!" Baz cackled.
"I never wear them! No, no, I swear-"
"Nerd!" Simon shut him up quickly by jumping on him. They landed on the couch.

   It was probably midnight when Baz finally left. Penny had been trying to call every couple hours and Simon decided it might be time to answer her. He laid across the couch, staring at the duvet on the floor as they talked. She seemed so excited for him.
   He felt dizzy, in a good way. Not like a hangover or an anxiety attack, but like when you're really tired and your heart rate slows so suddenly you feel like you're falling. He played with the hem of his jumper. It smelled like Baz, woody.
You smell like the woods   Simon didn't want Baz to feel like he was being suffocated, but he couldn't wait to talk to him any longer.
I may have stolen your green hoodie.. You smell like cinnamon and hazelnuts and of course STRONGLY of weed   He felt the smile widen on his face.
   Falling asleep that night was the hardest thing Simon had ever done. All he could do was think about Baz no matter how much weed he smoked.

   When Simon woke up the first thing he wanted to do was text Baz. Penny dropped by before he could figure out what to say. Her face looked a bit sunken, she seemed tired.
"Hey, are you ok?" Simon quickly walked up and hugged her.
"Micah doesn't want me to get it, Simon, but we have no money and I'm throwing up every morning and I haven't eaten in a week and-"
"Listen to me. Penny, really listen to me. This is your choice. You can ask his opinion, but in the end it's your decision. He may not like it, but if he loves you he will support you. If you are not ready to have a baby, then do not have the baby." Penelope held tight onto Simon, who reciprocated and rested his chin on top of her head. "I know I love you and I'll be there for you no matter what."
"I love you too." She pulled away when she started crying. Then the phone rang.
"Hey, you! I was gonna text but something important came up." He winked at Penny, pulling her into a one-armed hug. "No, yeah me too. Like I haven't stopped thinking about you since you left yesterday and it's starting to freak me out." Quit it! He mouthed at Penny who was making a kissy face. He slapped her hands away from his reddening cheeks. "Yes, totally. Yeah, you can fill me in on what happened in the eleven hours I haven't seen you. Yeah, my shift starts in a half hour. Ok, ok yeah." Simon bit his lip to soften the grin on his face. "Right, yes. I'll see you. Bye, Baz." He tossed his phone and jumped over the couch, running into his room to get dressed.
   He felt giddy, his chest was doing all sorts of strange things. He felt like he needed to scream into his pillow like a damn schoolgirl.
"I'll talk to you later, dumbass." Simon could hear the smile in her voice. The door shut behind her.
   Showers! Showering, yes. Simon pulled off the clothes he had just put on and took the quickest, coldest shower he'd ever experienced. With his hair still dripping and a damp back, he drove (quite uncomfortably) to his job. And when he arrived Baz was sitting elegantly at a table. His eyes closed as he faced the sun. He was glowing.
"Hey loverboy, my shift is over, dude." Simon snapped out of whatever trance he was in. Baz opened his eyes and smiled. (He really had the most beautiful eyes, Simon forgot how intensely grey they were.)
"Yup, coming. Hey where are the job applications?" Trance or not, he couldn't possibly look away from Baz when the sun was lighting up his face like that. He couldn't do anything except lean across the table and kiss him. "I'll be right back." Simon didn't realize he wasn't smiling until suddenly he was. He dragged his hand through wet curls as he went behind the counter to get the paperwork.
   Baz was so smart. He ended up explaining things on the application to Simon.
"Listen it's not my fault I'm an idiot. You... you just make my brain all foggy, you're like a wizard." Simon was a dumbass, but nothing mattered because he made Baz laugh.
"I'm certainly not a wizard. Um, but you're adorable." They locked eyes for a moment before finishing the application.
   Baz stayed around while Simon worked. He learned how to make drinks incredibly quickly and drank the majority of them. The two other people working ended up liking him almost as much as Simon did. Baz plugged his phone into the aux and DJed for everyone. They all danced; their tango was slightly less dysfunctional, but just as much a disaster.
   The sun was just beginning to set when Simon finished work. He had barely drank, it felt weird to be almost clear-headed. The cafe had finally emptied out, leaving the two boys alone.
"I cannot believe this but I'm actually not sick of you," Simon laughed as he cleaned off the counter. Baz watched as he went to every table.
"I can't believe that either, I'm incredibly boring."
"Shut up... I have to admit something to you." He tossed his towel behind the counter and walked up to Baz. Simon pressed against him. They fit together so wonderfully. "I really want to fuck you right now." Baz looked down at Simon with darkened eyes. "Sorry, was that like super weird?"
"The employees only room is back here right?" Baz smirked. He grabbed Simon's wrist and yes they did do it next to a dozen boxes of coffee.

   Simon cleared his throat as he locked the cafe door behind them.
"I will see you tomorrow with news about that job."
"Oh yes. Good. Thanks." Baz bit his lip as a poor attempt to prevent smiling. Simon laughed and kissed him quickly before they parted ways.
   When he got to his car he shouted as loud as he could. Just random things that didn't matter. It was an alternative to squealing. (Once again, this option was much too immature, obviously.)