Promise

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters in this story. Everything in here belongs to Marvel. Any OC added will be made known that they are mine. Other than that it belongs to Marvel.

Chapter 26: Promise

To say that everyone was buzzing with nervousness and excitement was an understatement. The rest of the day ticked by slowly for the heroes. Everyone anxiously waiting. Some tried to busy themselves by going out to the city for clean up, others went about the day as normal as they could. Most failing in distracting their mind.

After saying that the plan was happening tonight, Peter took the stone and walked out. Not waiting for anyone to argue back. Peter had made it up to the roof, taking a seat at the edge with his feet dangling over. He looked over the city. The city that brought him pain and joy. The city that took so much from him after he gave it so much. The city that he had a love hate relationship with. Peter looked over the city taking it all in one last time. Glancing down to his wrist where the small piece of the stone was. He ran two fingers over the piece.

"I'm coming." He whispered.

"Peter?"

Peter turned his head and saw the kids standing there. Peter shifted so his back was facing the edge, crossing his legs. Morgan was first to step forward and sat in Peter's lap, her back leaning on his chest. The others sat around Peter and Morgan. Nate was sitting in Coopers lap with Lila leaning on her older brother's shoulder. Cassie was sitting next to Lila with Groot next to her. The elevator doors opened again and out walked Harley, Shuri, MJ and Ned.

"Is there a reason why everyone came up here?" Peter raised an eyebrow.

"Just miss you." Morgan answered closing her eyes and snuggled further into Peter.

"Is it true though?" Cooper looked at Peter. "Is it true that your bringing Aunt Nat back?"

"And daddy?" Morgan added.

"I am Groot?"

"Yes. I'm bringing them all back." Peter stated looking down at his hand that were rested on Morgan's lap.

"Does dat mean we be a full family again?" Morgan looked up at Peter, her eyes sparkling with excitement.

Peter hesitated, "Yeah..."

"Yay!" Morgan grinned widely, clapping her hands.

Peter smiled weakly back. He rested his chin on Morgan's head and closed his eyes. Harley, Shuri, Ned and MJ shared a look. Ned went to say something but Harley made a head movement towards the kids. Shuri understanding quickly spoke up first.

"Hey, why don't you guys go to the play room?" Shuri said. Peter's eyes flew open and gave Shuri a raised eyebrow.

"Why?" Cassie looked up to the Wakanda girl.

"We just want to talk." Harley said.

"Can't you talk with us here?" Lila lifted her head off of Cooper.

"Yes, but this is important and you guys won't understand." Harley tried to explain.

"But-"

"Just go. We can play later." Peter cut in.

"Promise?" Morgan held out her pinky finger.

"I promise." Peter looped his pinky around hers. The younger girl smiled, satisfied with the promise. As she skipped off, the other kids following, she didn't see Peter's crossed fingers behind his back. When the kids disappeared by the closing elevator doors, Peter turned to his friends.