May

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters in this story. Everything in here belongs to Marvel. Any OC added will be made known that they are mine. Other than that it belongs to Marvel.

Chapter 20: May

It's been a few hours since Peter swung off, leaving the avengers wondering who the sacrificed was. Most have already left, calling it a night. All that was left in the penthouse was Steve, Bruce, Clint, and Thor. The five just sat in silence staring at the broken soul stone.

"Bruce, do you have any idea of who the sacrifice Peter was talking about?" Steve asked the doctor.

Bruce shook his head, "No. I just can't wrap my head around this." Bruce leaned forward placing his elbows on his knees. One hand held his glasses and the the other pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Around what?" Clint asked Bruce, still staring at the stone.

"Around the fact that Tony and Nat will come back. As in back to life. After being dead for months."

"You mean could come back." Clint looked away from the stone to look at the other three.

"You think the kid's gonna make himself the sacrifice?" Steve asked.

"No, however the stone's not gonna let him do that." Thor answered.

"How so?"

"He's the soul stone's wielder. I don't believe the stone will have their wielder, especially newly chosen, to be a sacrifice." Thor told them, "If anything, the soul stone's required sacrifice will probably be balanced."

Steve gave him a raised eyebrow and Clint looked confused. Bruce however caught on.

"So whoever the exchange is needs to be of equal value. Peter's relationship with Tony will affect who the stone wants to be the sacrifice."

"Precisely." Thor said, raising the beer bottle in his hand.

"Wait what? Also Thor where did you get that!?" Clint practically yelled.

It was quiet after his remark, the four could just hear Tony's smart remark to mock Clint and Natasha's sigh of disappointment but with her lips tugging in a small smile.

"Let's just hope he'll make the right decision." Bruce sighed.

"We'll be there to help and support him. Make sure he doesn't do anything stupid." Steve claimed.

"Steve, I get your trying to be all heroic and all, but even I know you can't stop a teenager from doing stupid stuff that could get them killed." Clint rolled his eyes at Steve.

"Then I guess it's our job to make sure he doesn't kill himself."

"You're entering a dangerous game Steve." Clint mumbled.

~~~~~

Peter walked through the halls of the hospital with his hood up. He fidgeted with the bracelet Abby gave him for when he made his decision. He was currently making his way to May's room. Walking into her room and silently shutting the door behind him. Peter looked up and saw May asleep on her bed. Peter sat down on the chair next to her. He gently grabbed her hand and squeezed it slightly.

"Hey May." Peter felt a small squeeze on his hand, "May?"

May's eyes slowly fluttered open. She turned her head to look at Peter. She gave Peter a tired smile.

"Hey Pete." She suddenly let out a raspy cough.

"Everything will be okay May."

"Peter, I know you can make the right choice."

"How did you...?"

"I know you're about to make a very important decision. You tend to say 'everything will be okay' when you're deciding on something." May chuckled.

"I-" Tears filled up in Peter's eyes.

"I am so proud of you Peter, and I know Ben would be too. All the people you've saved and will save in the future." May brought a hand on Peter's cheek, wiping a tear that fell, "Just know I'll be watching over you with Ben and we'll be watching with proud eyes."

"I don't know what to do." Peter cried out.

"Yes you do." May suddenly started coughing.

Peter shot up and was about to press the orange jewel on the bracelet. He was about to press it but stopped himself. Instead he dropped onto his knees by the bed and cried out. May stopped coughing and dropped her head back onto the pillow, tired and drained.

"Peter," May weakly called out, Peter looked up at May, "know that when I go, I'm leaving knowing the world will be in good hands. I'm leaving proud of you. I'm leaving happy and content. Just know that this was and is never your fault."

Peter stood up and took May's hand.

"I love you May." Peter said, tears falling.

"I love you even more Peter." May slowly closed her eyes. Her breathing slowed.

"May." Peter started to panic. He shook May. "May! MAY!"

Suddenly nurses and doctors rushed into the room.

"Sir, you need to leave."

The nurses pushed Peter out of the room. Peter tried to get back to May but he was to emotionally drained that he had lost all his strength. Right before the door closed, Peter heard the deafening long beep of the heart monitor.

"MAY!"

~~~~~

"I'm sorry Peter. We tried our best but she didn't make it."

~~~~~

I am so sorry...

Anyway byeee! Please don't kill me

Also so sorry for the short chapters...