I laughed as I remembered how innocent she was when she first started working with me, she literally flinched whenever I talked to her and I was mean to her she cried. Now look at her purposely teasing me, how time flies.

A while later I heard a footsteps coming towards my door "Daphne sure cake back quickly" I thought to myself, I heard the door open up but I kept my head down writing some information on a piece of paper, it could only be Daphne that would enter without knocking. "Did you finally come begging for my touch Daphne" I asked cockily as I raised up my head with a sly smile on my face. No, it wasn't Daphne, it was someone I never expected to see, Mellisa!

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I said angrily as I got up from my seat, she didn't even flinch a bit rather she smiled, a full cheeked smile. "Who's Daphne? Your assistant? You're sleeping with her?" She asked and continued laughing, "Anyways, you're free to sleep around" she said amused. "I'd ask you for the very last time, what are you doing here?" I said gritting my teeth in anger, "I shouldn't need a reason to come and see the love of my life right" She said with a hurt expression on her face. "Look, whatever bullshit you have in your head isn't going to lead you anywhere just get out of here now" I said, "Don't you miss me, you use to love me those days, you told me nothing would ever make you stop loving me" she said pretending to be hurt. "Yes I said that, and that was before you dumped me for an older richer man, he's dead and you're back already? Are you that desperate?" I asked looking at her in horror.

"Nothing you say would make me stop loving you William, that old fool was just for fun, it has always been you" she said as she placed her hands on my face, I was about to speak when she pressed her lips against mine, I was too shocked to even move, that same moment Daphne came into the office and was cut short from what she saw, I'm sure she'll misunderstand, this is so fucked up.

I immediately broke the kiss, pushed Mellisa away and looked at Daphne, "Daphne, it's not what you thi..." I started, "I'm sorry for coming in without knocking, you were obviously busy" She said with a hurt expression on her face, the way she looked when she was about to cry. She looked towards Mellisa as if she was trying to figure out where she had seen her before. "Hey, hey girl, you can leave now" Mellisa shooed her away. "William honey, let's continue what we were doing before she interrupted us" she said and licked her lips at me. "Shut up Mellisa" I growled, Daphne shot one last glance at me and walked out of the room.

"Fuck this" I screamed at Mellisa, "Get your stuff and get out of my office right now" I shouted angrily, "C'mon William, you can't chase me away because of some common office whore, though she's a pretty one" she said casually. "She's not a whore, that is the person I've fallen in love with, and thank you very much for ruining what we have" I said, "Love, you love her? She's not even on our social class. What can she offer you? This is the business world William, you don't just fall in love, you out of everyone should know that. You could have just fallen in love with me, at least I have the right connections, but since you don't want me, I'll make sure you both don't work." She said angrily. I watched her as the smudged her lipstick and rumpled her dress a little making it look like we made out or something, Daphne was going to see her on her way out, "What kind of bitch is Mellisa?" I thought to myself. "I'll be seeing you around Williams, bye baby" she said with her irritating loud pitched voice.

How am I going to fix this? How do I make her believe that I'm innocent? I mean, what she saw was pretty explanatory and it's going to be very hard to convince her otherwise. I was in deep shit, I called the only person I knew I could talk to.

He picked up the phone on the second ring "Evans speaking" He said in his business like tone, "it's me, I need your help" I said to the receiver. "What could the high and mighty William Wallace need from me?" He asked amusingly, "no jokes Evans" I said, "Okay, normal spot by 7pm" he said and cut off the phone.

I watched the time, I knew it would be time for her to leave soon and she'd have to come to my office to inform me she was leaving. I rehearsed what I was going to say to her and try to explain my self, I hope she believes me.

It was past 5 when I heard a knock on my door, "Come in" I said. I watched her come in, her eyes were swollen and she has tear-stained cheeks, she was hurt so bad all because of me. I looked up to her and she spoke up, "It's time for me to leave sir, and these are your car keys I wouldn't be needing them anymore" She said with a straight face obviously trying her best not to break into tears. "Daphne, it's really not what you think" I said and stood up and walked over to her. I stretched out my hand to hold her but she took a step backwards and my heart sunk, I looked at her with hurt evident in my eyes. The way she looked at me said it all, in her head I was probably just pretending. "I'd find means to move out of the house very soon, please give me till the weekend while a find a new place" She said in a professional tone, all traces of her jovial tone gone. "Did you really think I'd hurt you Daphne" I asked with a sad tone in my voice, She didn't say anything so I continued "You don't need to return the cars or move out, they are all yours" I said to her. "I appreciate but no sir, I'll take my leave now" She said and walked out of the office.

I never felt so much pain as I walked her walk away from me, is this goodbye? It felt like my heart was torn from my chest and all this is because of Mellisa.

Please comment and vote ❤️❤️