Chapter 13

"Ugh." You groan, rolling over in your bed when your alarm blares loudly.

It's only 5:30 am, which is much earlier than you would usually wake up on a normal day. However, it's not a normal day. Today, you're flying to LA for the North American leg of the Map of the Soul tour.

You groggily get dressed, slipping on a pair of leggings and a comfortable hoodie. Then you make some toast, munching on it as you double check your list. You make sure you have packed everything you'll need for the next few months.

When you're finally ready, you check your phone to see that the boys are waiting for you outside. You yawn, exiting your apartment with your luggage.

Jungkook hops out of the van, greeting you with a kiss on the forehead. "Good morning." He says softly.

"Morning." You mumble, yawning once again.

He helps you put your luggage in the trunk and then he opens up the door of the van. You wave at the six other sleepy looking men inside.

Then you climb in the van, getting settled between Jungkook and Namjoon. You rest your head on Jungkook's shoulder as the driver pulls off. He puts his arm around you, pulling you into his warm chest.

You're starting to doze off in this comfortable position when the van suddenly comes to a stop. Everyone starts to climb out and you groan.

"C'mon, let's go." Jungkook chuckles, practically dragging you out of the car.

It's fairly early in the morning, so there's not many people in the airport. The group of you check in your bags and go through security without any issues.

Before you know it, you're on the plane and it's ready for take off.

As the plane begins to move, you grip the armrest so hard that your knuckles turn white. The last time you've flown on a plane was a little less than a year ago, when you went to visit your family in America. You don't have a fear of flying per say, but take off and landing is definitely terrifying. You try your best to keep your breathing steady, but you can feel yourself beginning to hyperventilate.

"Are you alright?" Jungkook asks, looking at you with wide eyes.

You shake your head, your heart starting to pound in your chest.

"Skye, close your eyes and listen to my voice, okay?" He says calmly, placing his warm hand on top of yours.

You nod, shutting your eyes tightly.

"Just breathe. Deep breath in and deep breath out. You're okay, I promise." His voice is steady and soothing, falling over your ears in waves. You take his advice, taking slow breaths in and out.

"We're up in the air now, you can open your eyes." Reluctantly, you open your eyes and take a peek out the window. You're relieved to see that the plane is in the air, flying smoothly.

You let out a sigh, releasing your tight grip on the armchair. "Thank you." You say softly.

"Of course." He kisses your cheek, making you smile. "Let's watch a movie, hm?"

You nod and the two of you watch a few movies on the screen in front of you, eating some snacks provided by the flight attendant. Before long, you're falling asleep against his shoulder again.

He pulls up the armrest so you can rest against him fully, tucking you against his warm chest.

You're woken up a while later by the sound of voices. "So cute!" Jimin gushes.

You open your eyes, only to see several of the boys with their phones in their hands. Phones that are pointed straight at you and Jungkook, who is still sleeping.