"You see, Eaton always had been close to Esther, my wife. When he was little, I was busy working and Esther always been the one who was at home. Esther was very fond of you, and so, before she died, she requested for Eaton marrying you, and I thought of it and I knew your parents were and honest businessmen, so I was, why not?!

"As my company that inherited from my father to me grew larger, I became more busier and by the time, I didn't realized, Eaton grew older and couldn't be far away from his mother....well, until she died." He paused and smoke his cigar again.

"When my wife died, Eaton was thirteen and Henry was four, so young to not have a mother by their side. I was so heartbroken that I realized that I grew further apart with my sons, especially Eaton. He needed me the most and I failed. I didn't went to visit Esther when she was sick because I didn't want to see the woman that I loved most dying. I didn't even go to the funeral because I was drunk and throwing tantrum like a child." He looked away from me.

"Heinrich..." I slowly called him. His hand went up at me to tell me that he was okay.

"Eaton blame me. He didn't even have to say it, I knew because I was a shitty father." He coughed. "Sorry... my lungs, are sick. Happens all the time when I swear,"

I stood up and gave him his tea and he drank it slowly.

"Eaton tried to kill himself one day," he continued. "I know...Terrace told me." I murmured and stared down on my shoes.

"So, of all his misery of losing his mother, we moved back here when Eaton was a freshman. And he saw you, Sarah, and I could see that he got his happiness again. Well, until your parents called me that you three were likely to move away because you parents business was a fail-"

"We were going to move?!" I squeaked. Shock, I placed my hand on my heart.

Why the hell did my parents never told me anything?!

Heinrich tried to smiled and continued, "I didn't want to loose Eaton's happiness again so I quickly made an arrangement with your parents to quicken your marriage. And I do everything to bring up your parents' business in exchange. I know it was a selfish decision, but I want Eaton to be happy again."

"I understand. I'm happy too. With him." I looked at him and Heinrich pursed his lips.

"You love him?"

"Yes."

"I thought you didn't..."

"I love him all along but I didn't realized it until recently."

"Oh, I'm sorry that he's leaving for this. My lungs are in worst condition now and I want to live, for Henry at least, because I know that Eaton still blames me of all of my wrong doings but I don't care if he will hate me forever. He have you and he will work everyday knowing that you waiting for his return. I really need you to be patient."

"But why waiting for him hurts? Why it have to be hurt for me?" I was trembling and my hand squeezed closer on my heart.

Him, smoking his cigar. Him, like every men who lost his love ones will say, "Because you love him. And your love is real."

*******************

I went to school the next day.

News of Eaton leaving had been spreading around the school since I came. Some of the girls were crying that their prince left without a word. Some of them having dramatic panic attacks in the hallway. Not that I annoyed by them. I was like that too, inside.

Shoving my hands in my blazer's pockets, I walked without even glance at the girls, but the fan club stared at me angrily and some of them sobbing even harder when I walked past them.