"I'm here to save your ass dipshit." Nishiki had joined the party by the last minute because he ultimately owed the white haired boy for that whole fiasco with Tsukiyama a while back. "Let's get out of this place."

"Does that mean Touka an the others are here too?" Kaneki asks as they sprint past the halls.

"Yeah. Although I haven't seen that damned woman anywhere. Irimi said that she thinks she had a run in with some CCG member who had left their troop before I left to sprung into action. I figured she would've been done with them by now."

Kaneki stops in his tracks, registering the words. CCG members don't leave their troops and wouldn't have ventured so far into the building. Unless that "CCG member" was Hide which it probably is. Touka had gone off with Hide to find him but where is she now? They must've gotten separated. He feels a cold chill run up his spine because he knew somebody would've met her along the way.

"Touka's in trouble."

"Huh? Kirishima's probably fine, a CCG member would be no match against her troublesome ass on a one-on-one."

"I need to go find her." Kaneki ignores Nishiki's words, instead halting to place the unconcious Hide in his arms, startling the glasses ghoul for he hadn't noticed that Kaneki was carrying him this whole time.

"Nagachika? What the hell is he-" The sentence is left unfinished when the other gently hands the unconscious body over and Nishiki looks at him like he's grown two heads.

"I need to go after Touka. I'm leaving Banjou and the other's to your care, Nishio-senpai. I trust you and your strength."

"Wait a damn second brat—" But Kaneki had already started to run off.

"Please don't let anything happen to him." He says before he disappears the way they came from.

"Tch. Dumbass." Nishiki sighs, adjusting Hide against his back. He turns to look at Bamjou, "You and your crew are under my care now. I will get you out of here."

Kaneki trusts him. They trust him. He will not let them down.

Although Kaneki felt touched that his friends from Anteiku came to save him, he couldn't help the thought of being a burden for he's the reason they're jumping into a battle they didn't have to enter. His goal is to protect them because he is the one at fault for bringing the bad luck for everyone he meets - because he's both a human and a ghoul. Just when he decides that he'd risk it all to protect this place he belongs, they had done it for him instead.

Kaneki doesn't want anyone to die for him anymore.

Rather than a person who hurts others, become the person getting hurt.

His senses lead him to a staircase pretty near from the place Yamori kept him hostage.

He could smell the scent of Touka's blood which mingles with another as he ascends the steps. The avid sound of her shouts of pain rings in Kaneki's ears, notifying him that he's going the right way. He finally puts his mask on.

He pushes door leading to the rooftop and is met with the sight of Touka lying in a pool of her own blood, kagune mangled, given the impression that it was bitten off and Ayato slowly making his way towards her. Before he could land the hit, Kaneki swoops in and carries her out of the range of the attack, startling Ayato.

"I'm sorry, Touka." He whispers, holding her limp body in his arms. "This is my fault."

"...Kaneki..?" Touka murmurs weakly, the white hair completely catching her attention, "...What the hell did they do to you...idiot." Then her eyes flutter close as she slips into unconsciousness. He drops her off a few meters away from where a pissed off Ayato stood.

"Huh, you've changed, haven't you? I thought you would've been dead by now." Ayato glowers, watching Kaneki approach him calmly. Then he bares his teeth, "But that doesn't matter anymore, because I'm going to kill you!" And in a swift motion he spins and fires the spikes rapidly, all of which Kaneki easily avoided, pissing off he purple haired teen even more.

"Scum! You're going to die!" Then came another shower of spikes some of which had cut along Kaneki's skin. He remains unbothered though, remaining calm and collected, spinning away from the hits and blows.

Ayato smirks, "What's the matter? Let's see you fight, eyepatch!" He spins out another attack, only to be dodged once more, "C'mon and kill me, half-assed bastard!"

"I can't do that." Kaneki simply states.

"Haah?!"

"If I do, Touka will be sad. You're the only brother she has." He avoids another furious blow, "Even if you're a member of the Aogiri, and you've hurt Touka, I cannot kill you."

"Bullshit. I honestly thought you changed." Ayato grumbles, "But clearly you're still the same naive little shit!" Then he finally charges, heading straight for the kill with immense speed.

But Kaneki was faster and Ayato felt it before he saw the kick sent right into his stomach, sending him flying back.

"So therefore, Ayato , I will only beat you half to death."

a/n; i'm sorry for the slow updates ;; i feel like the work in this one is really shabby and sorry if there r any typos, i wrote this all in one go w/o proof reading ;;

also this ayato vs kaneki is one of my favorite scenes in the manga and i absolutely HATE how the anime didn't include the part where kaneki "half-killed" ayato by breaking 103 of his bones and giving him an anatomy lesson while doing so LMAO

one of the coolest op kaneki scenes ever and the anime didn't do it justice 💔

anyways thank you for all your support :) ! stay safe and always wash ur hands >:(