"Hide!" He shouts, angry eyes setting on the ghoul in front of them. It was just one of the many members of the tree and none of the main leaders, so he allows himself to relax a bit, since he's feeling a lot more tense now that Hide is with him. The opponent charges recklessly, giving Kaneki an opening for him to send a harsh kick against their stomach with ease, causing the ghoul to crash through the wall and disappear.

"Hide?" Rushing to his friend's aid, he stills a little when he feels the blood pooling by the side of the blond's head. He's unconscious. He picks up the limp body and rests him against his back in a piggy back stance and proceeds to continue his run, desperate to leave this place.

He pauses when he almost runs into a group fleeing from the left corner and his eyes light up in recognition of the man who led the group. "Banjou!"

The said male's eyes widen as he catches the sight of him,"Kaneki?" He gives him a once over, noticing the chilling change in appearance and aura. "You're alive?"

"I defeated Yamori." Kaneki simply says as if it were the simplest thing to be able to kill a powerful ghoul such as Yamori. Before Banjou could talk though, he continued, "What are you guys doing here?"

"We're escaping. The Aogiri captured me and my guys and locked us up with a few other people, ones that I used to govern when I led the 11th ward." Banjou's eyes darken, "The CCG is here and the Aogiri is planning to kill us too so it'll be better for us to leave as soon as possible."

"Okay, you don't have to worry, I'll protect you." Kaneki declares with a smile.

Banjou noticed how sorrowful it felt.

"Excuse me, Kaneki-san, but why are you carrying a CCG member?" One of the people from the group questions, eyes wide in confusion.

"Eh?" He was so busy with all the thoughts rummaging in his head that he hadn't noticed that Hide was wearing their uniform. He refrains from jumping into conclusions though, only answering, "He's my best friend."

"You're best friends with a human?"

He smiles, "Yes. He came to save me. Althoughe got knocked up a little bit."

They carried along after that, no one dared to speak upon the absurd situation of fondness over a human.

"Banjou, I hear something." One of the gas-mask wearing ghoul whispers and everybody halts.

Kaneki gets into a protective stance, for he had heard the sound of light footsteps too. "Get behind me." He says calmly, keeping his grip on Hide tight.

"Kaneki?" A familiar voice greets him instead.

"Nishio-senpai?"

The orange haired ghoul lets out an inaudible gasp, because he too is shocked by the difference of the male, appearance and aura-wise. He furrows his eyebrows, "Who the hell are they?" He motions to the sea of people behind Kaneki.

"They're prisoners trying to escape." Then he tilts his head, "What are you doing here, senpai?"

Nishiki takes a second to toss something at him, which he catches easily. His eyes grace on his beloved mask.