Chapter 47; I'm sorry.

Start from the beginning

Last I checked, the Russell's weren't very nice to Kenna even.

I think Grace sensed the confusion on my face because, she immediately took a sobbing Kenna into her arms, trying to calm her down.

Whereas, as she kept sobbing, she kept blaming me for stuff I had no idea how they were related to Kendra.

What in Christ's name was going on here?

Before I could ask my questions, a car drove in and you would not believe who stepped out.

Warren fucking King.

Okay, I was really confused with what was going on here.

Why was he here??

"Veron."

"King." We addressed each other.

This was not how I had imagined things.

"Kenna, are you set?" he asked her.

Since when did King and Kenna have a relation.

"Yes," she told him and began to walk away. But before she stepped into his car, she turned back to speak with me.

"Kendra was in a car accident two days ago, she's been in a coma since then." She sniffed, "I at least owed you that." And with that, both she and King drove off to what I am now guessing was to the hospital.

Kendra was in a car accident.

Kendra is in a coma right now.

Where the hell was I two days ago.

I needed to smash something.

"Calm down and come inside, I will explain everything."

And that was exactly what she did.

Grace explained everything Kendra had been through since I last saw her.

I couldn't believe there was a time when she thought I was engaged, just barely weeks after we broke up.

I was glad she found her parents, glad Kenna was her sister and all, but, right now, I really just wanted to see her.

"Can you please tell me what hospital she's in?" I asked Grace as I stood up after our little storytelling.

She smiled at me.

"She still loves you, Ethan." She spoke and handed over a piece of paper with the hospital address.

I simply nodded and hurried into my car.

Kendra had been hit by a drunk driver.

And he was so damn lucky he was in a police cell right now.

It took me fifteen minutes to get to the hospital.

Normally, that would have been a forty-five-minute drive, but as you can see, this wasn't a normal time for me.

Getting through the receptionist wasn't easy.

She was hell-bent on not letting me through.

Well, that was until Mrs. Wilson vouched for me after I had already caused a scene and was about to engage in a fight with three very buff security guards.

"I'm sorry." Was the first thing I told her once we settled down in the waiting area.

She thought it was a wise idea to get me in order before bringing me to see her daughter.

Very wise, if you ask me.

"Save all that for the person you hurt." She spoke quietly.

I nodded.