Chapter 18; Love at First Sight.

"Love isn't planned, it's kinda simultaneous..." By N. J

"I have to go. I'll see you later okay." He rushed out.

I rounded the kitchen island to get to him.

"What? Why? You just got here." I said frantically. He was already by the door.

"I know, and I'm sorry but the office just called and it's important."

"Why are you using the back door?" I gestured towards the door.

"Later okay."

And he was out the door.

"Hey, hey hey..." Said a new voice.

I jumped, startled and put a hand on my chest. I didn't even know someone had entered inside.

"Jesus Christ!! Liv, what is wrong with you and how did you get into my house?" I all but screamed.

"One; nothing is wrong with me and two; the front door was open."

"Shit. Ethan just got here. I guess it slipped my mind."

"Ethan is here?? I finally get to meet him? Where is he?" Immediately she finished, we were both graced with the sound of screeching tires and rewarded with the sight of the said car speeding off like there was no tomorrow.

"I guess that answers your question..." I trailed of and she frowned.

"I finally get a chance to see him and that," she points at the window, "happens. If I didn't know better, I'd say he didn't want to meet me. Why did he leave? Did you two fight?"

"Work emergency." I sighed and sat on a kitchen stool.

"Oh!"

"Nothing happened." I quickly said before she begun another lecture about how necessary fights are in a relationship.

"I'm just saying fights make your relationship interesting. Don't even get me started on the angry sex, Dan is the best at-"

"Okay okay. Why are you here again?" I quickly interrupted.

"Well," this was not good. "Since it's left a week and three days until Em's operation and a little more for Halloween, I decided we could both go shopping." She said squealing the last part.

"I don't think-"

"No excuses Ken. The night is young, the mall is calling and our credit cards are thirsty. Besides, you owe me."

"First of all, it's 3pm in the afternoon, secondly, I don't hear the mall calling, thirdly, my credit card didn't complain and last of all, I owe you nothing Liv."

"True, true and true again but false."

She walked around the counter to get to me and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"You, my friend have been dating a guy I've never met for approximately five months now, give or take a few weeks. You owe me."

"I could always arrange for you guys to meet-"

"No!" She cut me short. "Shopping right now, is the only way you can make it up to me. And besides, it's a really special occasion."

"Liv..." I whined.

"I think Dan's going to propose soon." I froze.

Then I screamed, jumping up and down holding her shoulders for support.

"Wow, I'm so happy for you Liv. How'd you know?"

"I saw the ring while sorting out the laundry."