Chapter 28; Thanksgiving.

"Sometimes you just need an epiphany before you can go back to normal..." by N. J

"Kendra Nicole Wilson!" She screamed.

I snuggled further into the blanket. I wasn't ready to see anyone.

Yes, it's almost been a month I lost Emily, and yes, I still haven't gotten over it.

"Kendra!!! You take your ass out of that bed right now."

"No mom! I don't want to!!"

The door was slammed open.

"I have had it up to here Kendra," she shouted and snatched the blanket off my body.

She moved to the curtains and drew them open. Her anger was extremely visible.

I tried to support myself on the headboard.

"This nonsense has got to stop. It's Thanksgiving today, I want you dressed and ready for dinner by six or God help me Kendra, you would not like what I would do."

And then, the door was shut.

I sighed and laid back in bed.

She had every right to be angry but I also had every right to be sad and depressed.

Depressed.

No! That word doesn't even come close to how I feel.

Have you ever been so attached to something and then suddenly forced to be away from it??

If you have, well let me tell you this, your pain doesn't even come close to mine.

I have always been a dependent person.

My real parents didn't want me and left me at an orphanage.

Finding out you were adopted isn't a pretty good feeling.

Yet, I became dependent on my adopted parents.

When I moved away to college, I met Liv and became dependent on her.

When Liv moved out of our apartment, I got into a relationship and became dependent on Luke.

When Luke broke me, Emily came into my life and I became dependent on her.

I solely depended on her.

When you've lived life feeling wanted and suddenly discover your parents didn't want anything to do with you so they decided to abandon you at a orphanage, you start seeking someone to want you.

I didn't know my pain and insecurity ran this deep.

Believe me I didn't want it to. I didn't even know where to start from.

Putting aside all those terrible thoughts, I made my way to Emily's shower.

Yes, since the funeral, I'd been living in Emily's room.

I never left for anything.

Grace brought my meals, my parents tried to make small talk each time they came by, but nothing made me leave.

That is, if we don't count my mom's earlier threats.

I took a long shower, got dressed in all black and headed downstairs.

I was still mourning, sue me for my new black wardrobe, I really wouldn't care.

As I came downstairs, I took note of how much the house had changed.

It was clean.

Everything was in order.

That never happened when Emily was around.