46

~46~

Rosewood park was about a mile and a half west of town, Samuel and Maxime went directly to it almost as if almost hypnotised by the text message.

Samuel kept getting the feeling that all of this was beyond his control and it frightened him in ways he'd never experienced. That morning, the entertainment daily had carried stories of a spectacular event in Provins, Emile Lacroix of the Lacroix empire - as the reporter put it - was spotted at a popular local DVF store. She was dressed quite differently and the news host went ahead to describe the intricacies of her new fashion sense. 

Rosewood park had survived a length of time spawning from generation to generation. It used to be the Disneyland of those days. Recently it had been ridden with natural disasters and possibly abandoned by the children of the millennial.

As the taxi pulled into the park, Angry clouds snuffed out the sunshine casting a darkly blanket over half the under crowded park.

"I used to play here with my friend," Maxime said as the climbed out of the car. "It's so old. I can't forget the memories."
Samuel didn't know how to feel about the moment as they continued to walk towards the heart of the park. They were in Rosewood and about to meet the only person and link to solving all the mystery.

"I spent most of my childhood days visiting Rosewood park," Maxime said reminiscing the old memories. "Antoine and I used to climb up that tree house, but Antoine will cry because he's afraid of heights..."

Maxime's words hung in the air when his eyes caught the figure of a handsome middle aged tall man walking towards him from the opposite direction.

"How?" Maxime said with obvious delight and surprise. "Oh my god."

"What is it?"

"It's Sebastian."

"Who...?

Before Samuel could put the piece of the puzzle together, Maxime was already in the man's arms.

"How is this even possible, Sebastian?"

"Good to see you again Maxime Lacroix."

Maxime shook his warm hands. "We never saw you again. I mean what happened?"

"It's a long story."

"I know," Maxime said. "Meet Samuel, Samuel this is Sebastian my father's childhood bestfriend."

"Nice to meet you, sir. "

"Likewise." The man said humbly and they shook hands. He glanced at Maxime. "Now that I confirmed it's really you, you will have to come with. There are a some important development you should know. It's about time."

~~~~~~~

Later that evening, Samuel called his sister and told her of the good news. A savior has arrived to liberate Maxime finally. He was convinced Sebastian would win Emile in a flawless victory. He was excited.

His fears spiked up again when Joelene told him that she will be staying over at her friends place. Her new friend at the grocery store had warned her of a strange man following her several times.
He told her to remain there and make a complaint about it to the police.