fifteen

coop's pov
2:45 pm ; cameron's house hold
2 days after the party ; friday

it's been 2 days since the party and it feels like forever. i haven't talked to any of the boys since then either. kie on the other hand, we text quite a bit.

"i think we are going on a family boat trip in an hour." sarah complained as she flopped onto my bed.

"that sounds shitty," i rolled my eyes.

"it's like, why do we have to go if we don't want to."

"because they feed us and put a roof over our heads. we are leaving in 5 minutes." wheezie said coming into my room as well.

"you guys don't understand privacy huh?" i asked jokingly.

i walked over to my closet, trying to find something to wear. as i was looking rafe walked in.

"party in my room or what?" i turned and faced them all.

"dad says you guys have to hurry up, he is done waiting." rafe said, he sounded annoyed.

"what if we don't want to go?" i asked, looking at myself in the mirror, trying to see what shirt i liked more.

"you have to put up with rose and dad then."

"rose and ward." i said and he scoffed.

"whatever."

i finally picked an outfit and turned around. i looked at rafe and shuued him away. he didn't get the hint, "hello, leave."

he walked out and slammed the door shut.

i changed while wheezie and sarah had a conversation about nonsense.

after i finished i looked in the mirror and like what i saw.

i let my hair down and put on my dads old watch, i don't usually wear it but it went well with my outfit choice

"girls ready?" ward asked, he looked at me and nodded. it's like i'm just a random person to him.

maybe he thinks i don't like him? like i think everything is his fault. i mean for god sakes, i feel bad for the man, he is married to rose. out of all people he chose to marry her. why would he do that to himself?

i walked out of my room, grabbing my shoes before shutting the door.

i wasn't to pleased to go on this ride but i also could take time to talk to ward, maybe get to know him. let him know that i don't hate him.

i walked down the stairs and into the kitchen, grabbing a water. i put my shoes on and walked out the back door with everyone else.

"hey daddy, can topper come?" sarah asked and i wanted to roll my eyes so bad. topper wasn't bad, but he also wasn't good. the man beats on my friends like they aren't regular people, rafe too. and the sad part is, i live with one of them and pretend i'm friends with the other.

"no sweety, family trip. topper isn't family." ward said pissing sarah off.

we all got onto the boat and ward started it up, checking all the gear and making sure we were good. i went and sat in the back, not wanting to be apart of whatever rose and ward were talking about.

"it's so hot today." wheezie said sitting next to me.

"i know, my damn thighs are sticking together." i complained.

"i wish this wasn't happening right now," sarah joined us.

"for real, i get that they may feed us, but this is pointless, after this we will all go back to doing our own things." i shrugged.

"it's probably some "parents of the year" type thing." wheezie added.

i could see that. they would go and tell their snotty friends how they went on a nice boat ride with all their kids. fun.

i watched the water ripple as ward drove the boat. the faster he went the cooler i got.

"hey lexi?" ward started, "wanna drive?"

i nodded and he moved, letting me drive. he sat next to me while everyone else went up to the front.

"so you are hanging out with john b huh?" he asked me.

i looked over at him and nodded, "yeah, he is a good guy."

"he is, his father too."

"you and big john are friends right?"

"you could say that." he looked over at rose.

"at least you aren't against the pogue, kook thing. it's nice of you to help them out." i added.

"yeah." he smiled. "so what do you guys do when you're there?"

"well we have fires and go swimming, don't tell rose, but we had a party the other day, that was fun. but nothing to bad." i let out a small laugh.

"good to hear." he stood up and walked over to his wife.

that was awkward.

i continued to drive, going past john b's house and seeing them all, except kie, talking to big john.

i waved and they all waved back, ward and wheezie joining in.

it was nice to see them, even though i was on the boat.

i continued driving for a while until ward asked me to take a picture. he handed me his phone and everyone lined up, me not being it the picture. it felt weird but also understandable at the same time.

"alright everyone say family." ward said and they all smiled. i so bad wanted to throw his phone in the water, but maybe it wasn't such a bad thing that he didn't count me in as family.

i handed him his phone back and he took the wheel. i walked to the back of the boat, not really wanting another conversation with him.

i had a hard time reading ward. sometimes i was 'family' and sometimes i wasn't. i still haven't found my place with him yet.