four

john b's pov
7:47 pm ; chateau

"so you hung out with a kook? a girl kook." kie complained as us four were all sitting on chair's outside by a fire.

"better yet, she is siblings with sarah cameron." jj added, trying to get kie rattled up.

"wait that new chick?" pope asked as he threw and ball in the air and caught it.

"yeah, and it wasn't my fault, my dad made me. told me that she could knock some sense into me." i started to pace back and fourth.

"are you macking on her?" kie question.

"no! it was just a boat ride. we just talked about how she doesn't see herself as a kook, and she told me about her dad. she hates living with her mom, but it was better than staying at her dads. he was a drunk and hit her a couple times i guess."

jj put his head down, not wanting to be apart of the conversation anymore.

"i'm just saying, i'm sure if lexi comes, sarah comes too." kie threw her hands in the air.

"relax. it's not like i invited her anywhere." i stated, trying to calm kie down.

"but you should." my dad walked out to the fire. "lexi is a sweet girl, she isn't like all the teenagers over there. i promise you, she would be better off hanging with you four then the others. and for god sakes john b, be polite next time." he smacked me in the back of the head.

i rolled my eyes at my dad. he was one to embarrass me in front of all my friends.

—♡—

coop's pov
9:22 pm ; camerons house hold.

"rose,-" i started but she cut me off.

"call me mom for fucks sake." she spat in my face.

"no, rose can i go for a swim?"

"call me your god damn mother and then i will give you an answer." she raised her voice, catching rafe's attention who was in the kitchen.

rose was never a harmful person, i mean she was always yelling, at me especially, but she never touched me, never laid a hand on another person, so she didn't scare me. me and her haven't gotten along since i came here. when i first showed up she told me, her exact words 'don't mess up my life this time' like it was my fault she cheated on and divorced my dad.

"fine mom can i go now?" i rolled my eyes.

"go." she shook her head but went back to reading her book.

"hey, can i go with you? i have my swim trunks on still from earlier." rafe asked.

rafe never asked to hang with me.

"uh, yeah sure." i stuttered. when i first came here, i stayed away from rafe. sarah told me about his coke problem, and how he was a dick. i just didn't want to get wrapped up in that stuff. my uncle karl died from a meth over dose, and ever since the only drugs i do is smoke a little pot here and there. other drugs scared the hell out of me, and i never wanted to be placed in a situation where i was asked if i 'wanted some' or 'wanted to try.'