13

Alaric's POV

I hated to leave her, but I couldn't put off the testing that needed to take place. If I pushed it back any further than I would need to reschedule the initiation ceremony. There was no way I was going to put that off the sooner Clover was accepted into the Obsidian Night pack the better it would be.

When Clover is officially a part of the park I would be able to mind link her and it would give her wolf more strength to be a part of the park her mate is a part of. Then I would be able to mark her and that needed to happen sooner rather than later. My own wolf was getting restless about not marking Clover yet, it was putting me on edge. I couldn't risk anything happening to Clover. I needed to protect her and the more bonded she was to the pack and me the safer she would be.

I felt somewhat bad that I wasn't able to show Clover the pack yet or ever introduce her to most of the members. For now, though the less she was out in the open the better, everything I did would be to keep her safe. If it were even possible I would just prefer to keep her in our room all day, but after the fight, she put up just for going to sleep last night I think she would be less than agreeable to it.

"Alpha, thank you for coming." I was brought out of my thoughts by Sander.

"Sander, are the men ready to begin the tests? They need to be ready for the ceremony." He nodded and started the walk over to the training ground.

"Yes, they will be ready by then. Did you happen to see Ashlyn on your way over here?" Sander asked not turning around to face me.

"I didn't. Was I meant to?" Sander stopped walking and turned to face me.

"She was on her way to see Clover, to talk about something."

"Talk about something? I wonder what about."