Identity

This might stay a  one-shot, or become a few more chappies. who knows

"How can a soul just vanish.." Papyrus said unhappily, Frisk sighed and wondered once again if this was there fault.

Yet again there AU's they'd looked into were a bust, the device Alphy's had given them worked... but seemed to get confused and try to lead in multiple directions.

"I just want our Timeline to unfreeze, I even miss his puns," Frisk cried.

Papyrus gently hugged the human, knowing it wasn't easy on any of them.

Forever ago, there AU suddenly froze.

Some people remained aware and unfrozen, and they'd rushed to find out the cause.

Sans... was sans a soul, and this caused the Classic timeline to freeze up. Those not frozen, found themselves non-aging. The soul wasn't in there timelines, and they'd checked once Alphys created a soul hunter to hunt it down.

It was made easier due to the fact she had access to Sans body.

OoOoO

Dream gave a sigh of relief as the classic characters left the AU, they'd almost caught up to him this time. There had been way too many close calls, Nightmare had admitted the same.

He mentally cursed the tree of feelings.

He knew the tree had issues creating stable guardians, but he had no clue if they'd stolen the soul or just taken it when they found it about.

Something he wished they'd had a chance to ask.

The Being that was the tree could not create souls, but could reshape them.

The tree spirits had literally divided Classics soul in half, and reshaped them to help create the apple brothers.

Not that either of them knew or remembered they were part of Classic, that hasn't happened till about a hundred years ago.

Do you know how annoying it was to dream Classics dreams, or urges of laziness not his own... and he had thousands of puns in his head he always wanted to use but didn't. Thankfully the memories were split between Nightmare and himself, so Classics personality didn't overwhelm there own.

But because they were two sides of one soul still, they were unstable ins some ways.

He was very naive and didn't see things that others noticed easily, like the fact Ink was just using him to feel. That had hurt, he had separated from the Star Sans at that point to get his head straight.

They'd been married, sure Ink was soulless but he'd still loved him enough to have his child.

Palette was a wonderful child, and he put a lot of work in bonding properly with him after that... thankfully Palette still a baby bones hadn't realized the Funny Skeleton known as Ink was his father.

There were other issues, things caused by only having the positive side of a soul... but he worked on growing into a full being.

Nightmare had his own issues, and seemed to end with most of Classics insecurities.

So far he had no mate or children, but technically since they were two halves of one Palette could be considered his kid too.

He didn't want to be part of Classic, neither of them wanted to give up there soul halves as they'd cease to exist as they were.

There was a wonderful baby bones depending on him, and he wanted to see Palette Roller grow up and explore the multiverse.

OoOoO

Classic dreamed, the good and the bad.

No more resets or Genocides.

There was no need to wake up.

By now everyone should have moved on.

Heck The Au may have reset, there might be a new Classic.

Comic Sans was happy where he was.