Chapter 52: Daylight

Start from the beginning

What is she doing here?

Before I was even able to say anything, she walked towards me and holding a gray shoebox.

"I was calling you," she said.

Trying to avoid her angel-like face, I put my hands inside my jacket and fixed my eyes on my car.

"I was busy," I replied.

She walked to me even closer and put the box on the hood of my SUV.

"Were you drinking?" She asked.

I sighed in annoyance to her nagging at me.

"What do you want?" I asked with an obvious irritation on my face.

She looked at me intently, " I wanted to talk to you," she said after a while.

Shaking my head, I met her gaze. "If you are here to brag about your wedding, save it! I don't have time for it." I tell her.

Giving me a confused look. "Wait! What?"

Okay? Is she pretending right now?

"You know what Swift, fine, you can tell me,"

"What are you talking about?" She is annoyed and upset I can tell. "You know what, you are drunk so I think it's better to just talk some other time."

Great! Now she is angry, angrier than me. She tried to reach for the box when I pulled her arm.

"You're already here, so tell me." I am really losing my temper now.

"You're drunk, I don't want to talk to you," she glared at me.

Taking her both arms I pinned her on the car.

"Okay, I'll tell you then, you wanna tell me that you are marrying that fucking Jake, that you want some sort of closure. Fuck! Swift! I don't need that,"

The look on her face became even more confused. I loosened my grip and let go of her. Taking a deep breath I rested my back on the car beside her.

"I went to your house, I saw him proposed to you," I said in defeat.

On my peripheral view, I saw her looked at me.

"Did you hear what I told him?" She asks sweetly.

I shook my head, "I left because I couldn't bear the sight of the two of you anymore," I said looking down.

I feel defeated. I feel like a complete jerk.

She smiled. "Well, if you stayed you would've heard that I rejected his proposal cause I came to realize I can only love one person," she said in slow pace.

My eyes widened and became speechless. She's talking about me, right?

Then Swift reached for the box and opened it, there I saw the letters I wrote for her for a year. The first year she left, I kept on looking for her but when I failed many times I decided to write her letters. I don't have any address to where she went to, so I sent them to their house. They never came back but I never got a response.