Chapter 11: Loved you first

I've been waiting
All this time to fin'lly say it
But now, your heart's been taken
And nothing could be worse

Niall arrived at our house 10 minutes before eight in the evening. I admired his punctuality. He was very polite to my mom, he introduces himself and even told her a little about himself. My mom was very fond of him with the way that she spends time talking to him about the weather, school, and other stuff while they wait for me to dress up.

I still carry the heavy feeling on my chest as I remembered the way Harry looked at me earlier at school. Like he was mad at me. Which I don't even understand anymore. He didn't come over to our house for our tutoring session, not that I expected him to but it makes me kinda sad. He also didn't turn the blinds up of his room window.

I let out a hopeless sigh as I glanced at myself for the last time. I was wearing a purple dress that my mom bought for me at Target. It was laced and sleeves up until my elbow. Its skirts flow in an A-line style just right above my knees. The wind is a little colder than usual so I decided to put on a pair of black stockings and put on a black laced cardigan. My mom insisted that I use her black Christian Louboutin 5 inches heels but I disapproved because I am for sure will just stumble if I was in them. So, I decided to just settle on the black flat shoes. I also put my hair down and was forced to use my ophthalmology-prescribed contact lens so I could lose my eyeglasses. I also put very light makeup on my face, mostly, blush on to add color to my normally pale skin. My mother was very supportive of my 'date' as she calls it for tonight. If other teenagers like my age were having a hard time getting their parent's approval for a night out, mine was the opposite, she didn't even think twice when I told her about my plans for tonight. She even helped me to find the dress that I would wear. My mother knows me for being responsible and most of the time pushes me to have fun but since I don't have friends, I don't go out at all.

About two minutes before eight, I sashayed downstairs. My mother was still talking to Niall. I was impressed by his choice of clothing for the night. He was wearing a gray cotton jacket with navy blue round neck shirt inside, a pair of dark denim pants that aren't tight but not loose either, and a pair of white sneakers. He looks fresh and clean.

My mom smiled as soon as she sees me. They both stood up as they waited for me.

"Hi Taylor, you look amazing," I heard Niall say as I got in the living room.

I felt my face heated so I bowed my head down. The last thing I was is being seen by my mother blush from a simple compliment. For sure, she will tease me about it in the morning.

"Yes, sweetie, that dress looks perfect on you," my mother agreed.

"Thanks," I whispered. "Shall we?" I asked Niall.

He smiled at me sweetly. "Whenever you're ready," he mumbled.

"Mom, we'll go ahead, okay? Please have Olivia settled in my room?" I turned to my mother who was smiling at me with obvious excitement.

"Of course, don't worry about me, just have fun, okay?" She said and nodded slightly.

My mother pulled me on a slight hug before she walks us towards the door. "Have fun, tonight guys, just don't be out too late, it's a school night," she reminded us, as we were waving our goodbye.