Chapter 14

Drew climbed out of the SUV along with Jason and Edward. They stood in the middle of the woods and the smell of rogues filled their nostrils. They were on the border of the neighbouring town where a young girl had been kidnapped and attacked by rogue wolves. As Alpha, future Alpha and Beta it was their job to hunt down the rogue who'd done this and bring them to justice.

"So, the blood trail begins from the main road and leads to here, meaning they probably dragged her through the woods. Her Mother said she went to school as usual the day she went missing but never made it home, and her body turned up 2 days later. Why did they keep her alive for two days? Usually they attack straight away, they don't keep people." Jason spoke as he looked at the other two men. Drew sighed and looked round the woods before letting his gaze fall to the blood covered leaves and mud in front of them. The pictures from the scene when they first found the body crossed his mind. The girl had been only 16 years old, she had dark hair and pale skin, but her skin had been torn from her bones and scattered about the ground. This was the first rogue attack they'd seen in a few months, and it was a bad one.

"Did she make it to school?" Drew asked looking up to his friend. Jason usually did the background research into the attacks, then Edward and Drew took over with the hunting part. Jason shook his head to Drew; she'd been taken while she was walking to school and had turned up 48 hours later.

"She died a couple of hours before one of the towns people found her." Drew closed his eyes and took in a long breath through his nose. He was trying to pick up which direction the scent had gone after the crime.

"There's no point in that son, these rogues were smart and they've brushed their scent all over these woods so we can't track them that way." Edward spoke, he stood with a frown on his face and let out a long sigh.
"We're going to have to do this the long way. Whoever did this kept her for 2 days somewhere, so they planned this. They had everything set up, this wasn't just a quick spur of the moment attack this was thought out." They hadn't seen a rogue attack like this in a while. Usually rogues are harmless when they first leave their packs, but the longer they're alone the more rabid they got and the more they turn to violence.

"This rogue has too much control to have been away from a pack for long, but they've been gone long enough to begin to turn violent. Jason, can you ask any of the near by packs if they've had any wolves leave the pack in the past year?" Jason nodded his head to Drew.

"Of course, as soon as we get back, I'll ring the Alpha's and ask them and ask for a list." Drew nodded his head and tried to push the sinking feeling in his stomach away. He couldn't help but think about the poor girl's family. How could anyone be such a monster to do this? She'd never get to experience real love, and life and all the wonderful things she was supposed to. Instead, a monster had taken her too soon and left her family forever broken.

"Was she raped?" Drew asked, dreading to hear the answer. He prayed for her and her family's sake she wasn't, but he couldn't think of any other reason he'd keep her for two days.

"Multiple times." Drew let out a deep sigh and turned to his Father.

"What do we do?" Edward looked at both him and Jason before speaking.

"First, Jason I need you to get that list together. Drew, I need you to change into your wolf form and search the woods for anything the rogue could have left behind. Fur, footprints, even a scent would help. I'm going to go back to the pack house and take another look through the files to see if there's anything we missed." Drew nodded his head as both Edward and Jason climbed in the car. They waited while drew stripped off his clothes and changed into his wolf form. He bent down on all fours and felt all his bones start to crack. He groaned in pain but he'd grown pretty used to it. No matter how many times a wolf changes it's always painful, but they learn to know the pain and it's not longer something they dread. As his body began to shift and the hairs all over his body grew into a thick coat of fur, he stretched out his legs. Quickly after it began, he stood in his large wolf form with dark brown fur covering every inch of him. As Jason opened his car door, Drew's ears twitched towards the sound. He watched as Jason picked up his clothes and nodded his head to him. Drew nodded back before turning and looking round the woods.