IV. His

Hello. Sorry for breaking down last time.

He chuckles and smoothes his hair back.

I remember the first time I met your friends. They were so excited to meet the 'mystery man'-

He throws up his hands and shapes his fingers into quotation marks.

-you had been talking about for months. The two I remember most are Emily and... Mark. Emily was so... bubbly. Her bright red hair would always fall into her face when she bowed her head down to laugh. Then she would have to tuck her hair back behind her ears to keep talking.

He gives out a deep sigh and shrugs.

And then Mark. I remember the look in his eyes when he saw me. His pitch black hair gleamed in the light as he stared daggers at me with those dark brown eyes. I never saw him as a threat, I saw the way he looked at you. He only wanted you for your looks, but he won in the end. You picked him instead of me.

Do you ever regret your choice? If he's watching this, then-

He sighs.

Mark, please take care of her. I'd hate to see her get hurt again. Treat her with care- you never know when she'll just leave. I remember the day she told me when she was leaving. She had makeup running down her face, and she looked sad more than angry. I tried texting her to ask why she left, but she only replied Mark. I was so sad, sometimes I think I'm still in depression from her goodbye to me.

If he's not watching, just know I still care about you. A lot. And ask Emily how she's doing. She was so bubbly, sometimes I want to text her just to ask about you, but she's your best friend. She'd tell you, and then you'd think I was some creep texting about his lost girlfriend.

If you're not still with him, then please come back to me. Baby, I miss you. So. Damn. Much. I need you. I can't hold on forever, even you know that. I'm not even trying anymore. I know I'll never move on, even though I tried before. The girls are ok, but none of them are like you. None of them are perfect.

 All of my friends have asked about you, but all I can say to them is I don't know. Surprisingly, they miss you too, almost as much as I do. They want to hear from you too, and they've all tried to bring me out of these 'Dark Days', but haven't helped much. It's not their fault, not even your fault, but I'm tired of hanging by a thread. I need to know if you still love me.

He starts staring at the screen in complete silence.

I... I have to go now. Please get back to me.

He ejects the disk and sighs to himself.

I can't do this forever, I need to know now.

He pulls out his phone and clicks her name. He pulls up their texts and starts typing-

Hello. Sorry for bothering you, but I need to know something. Do you want to hang out sometime? I understand if you can't, you're probably busy moving on, but please at least answer me.

-He shakes his head and erases the whole text.

What am I going to do with myself? I can't even text to her without freaking out.