Chapter One: The Phone

I woke up that morning with an unpleasant jolt.  For a second I just lay there, trying to figure out why the hell I was awake at 5:30 on a Wednesday morning.  I never wake up until 7:00 at least--7:30 on the days when I'm running really late.

Suddenly, I realised that there was music playing in the background.  Not just any music.  My idiot neighbour was blasting "Highway to Hell" by AC/DC full blast.  Don't get me wrong--I love AC/DC, just not at 5:30 a.m.

Sighing, I walked to the other side of the room and threw up the window.  Turns out that the moron who happens to live right next to me had his window open, curtains and all.  The light was on, and from what I could see, he was doing push-ups on his floor.  The amount he was sweating literally made him look like a Twilight vampire with the way it gleamed in the lamplight.  I have to admit, though, he had really well defined muscles, even if I could only see his back.

Before I knew it, I'd gone off into la-la land.  Him not having a shirt on was not helping me right now.  Focus, Rebel.  You got this.  Ignore the fact that the boy in front of you doesn't have a shirt on.  He's not Channing Tatum, for goodness' sake! 

I couldn't believe I let myself get distracted by Ace Becker.  Ace Becker, the most moronic and idiotic boy on the planet.  Sure, he had a pretty face, well-defined muscles, impeccable hair, the whole bad-boy image, amazing grades, popular social status... but besides that, what else did he have going for him?

I'm really not helping myself, am I. 

Whatever.  I really needed to focus here.  As in "initiate badass mode."

"Becker!" I shouted at his window.  He got up for a second and looked me in the eyes before deciding to ignore me completely and go into doing sit ups.  His ab muscles were flexing deliciously...

Not the time, Rebel!

"Answer me, Becker you moronic dope!" I seethed.

He paused his next sit up at the top.  "Not gonna happen, cupcake."  Smirking, he went back into exercise mode.

I was frustrated, and I had a very good reason to be.  I mean how many people here have met that one person that annoys you to the end of the world?  Well, be glad your nemesis doesn't live in the house next to you.

I weighed my options carefully.  I could continue to yell at him, which--though normally fun--can get exhausting after only five hours of sleep.  I guess I could call the cops, but they aren't generally the best people to deal with in the early morning.  Believe me, I've tried calling them on him before. 

That left only one option: to make a jump for it.  I swung my legs out the window and surveyed the distance.  Thankfully, it was only about five feet, so I wouldn't have to push off too hard or take any major risks.  Then, before I overthought it and chickened out, I pushed off.

Seriously, you should have seen it.  It was possibly the coolest moment of my entire life, sailing in the window like the badass that I am...

...until I caught my ankle on the windowsill and crumpled into a heap on the floor.  Yeah, I probably should have mentioned that I can be extremely clumsy at the worst possible moments.

By this time Ace had moved into plank position, but he collapsed from the unexpected weight of me hitting his back.  While he was lying like a tin can crushed by a military tank underneath me, I located the sound of his music.  The iHome on his dresser.  In a flash I was up and the sweet, sweet sound of silence filled the air.  Well, it was silent except for Ace.

He was moaning and groaning like he literally had been hit with the sky.  "Aw suck it up, buttercup.  It's not like I even hit you that hard."  Actually, I knew that I did.  But bringing down his ego was my specialty.

"What the fuck, Rebel?!  Why the hell are you even in my room?" he managed to get out as he stood up.  His back was facing me and I could see that purple marks were starting to form on his toned back.  Oopsie daisy. 

"Not my fault you were blasting music at ungodly hours of the morning, you asshole!" I shot back.

Ace turned around and glared at me.  "It's a free country, moron.  I can do whatever I want and you can't stop me."  Then he made a huge mistake.  He turned his back to me and rummaged around his drawers for a shirt he could put on.

When he wasn't looking, I unplugged his phone from the iHome.  I sneaked over to the windowsill and swung my feet out again, getting ready to make the return journey to the comfort of my bedroom.

"What was that about me not being able to stop you?" 

He whipped around, a green shirt hanging limply from his hands, eyes wide as I dangled his phone out the window dangerously.  "You wouldn't dare!!"

Pretending to think, I tapped my chin.  "Hmm... you're right, I wouldn't dare to drop it out the window.  But I would dare to take it with me.  Sayonara, sucker!"  And with that, I crossed back over to my room, this time landing with precision and grace.

By that, I mean that I landed painfully on my tailbone. 

"Rebel, you fucking asshole!  I'm gonna kill you, you--" Whoosh!  I slammed the window shut and closed the curtains.  

And a good thing, too.  I don't think that my angelic little ears would have been able to handle all that demonic blasphemy.  (I'm just joking around.  If you haven't noticed, I kinda cuss like a sailor.)

I stared down at the phone in my hands.  Damn, I was gonna have fun with this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello my wonderful people. Miss me yet?

Just kidding. So far I have two reads. Two reads and not even a chapter uploaded yet. Pretty good start, yeah? 

Anyways, hope you enjoy. See y'all next time.

~Rhiannon~