Arriving at the Island

⁂CJ's POV⁂

I looked out over the railing of the ferry to where the ocean met the horizon.  How could my life turn around like this?  I asked myself.  My mother and I had a fight and she sent me and my horse, Soldier, off to an Island off the coast of England.

"We are now arriving at the Island, passengers please collect your luggage."  A man on the intercom said.  His voice echoing through out the ferry.  I sighed and turned around from the railing and grabbed my duffel bag filled with my clothes and other things.  I swung my bag over my shoulder and checked to make sure my phone was in my pocket.  I reached in my bag and pulled out my Airpods.  I put only one in so I could here out of one ear. I went to my Spotify and shuffled my playlist.  Rich and Blind by Juice WRLD came on. I walked over to the animals compartment and went over to the horse area.  Humming along to the song.  A man stopped me before I could go in.

"Name of you horse?"  He asked. 

"Soldier." I answered.  He skimmed through his computer.  

"Hm, We have no horse under the name of Soldier." He replied.

"Oh, i'm sorry. His name is Armed and Dangerous.  Soldier is his nick name." I corrected.  Soldier is a retired race horse.  He won all but one of his races and retired at age 4.  I got him for a birthday gift after he retired.  

"Oop, here he is. Stall 7."  The man gestured for me to follow him.  We walked a short distance before I could see Soldier peek his head over his stall door.  I instantly smiled and reached out my hand and patted his head.

"Hey boy, were here."  I said gently.  He nickered before giving the man next to me a stare.  I soothed him by scratching his ear.  Soldier was very protective of me.  He never lets anyone near me.

"Ah, the famous Armed and Dangerous. I'm delighted to have him here on our ferry."  Said the man.  I should start get used to everyone's British accent.  

"Thanks. I wouldn't say he's famous though."  I said in my normal american accent.  The man raised his eyebrows at me.  

"You know how many races this horse has won?" He asked. I nodded.

"All but one."  I answered.  The man nodded. 

"Enjoy your stay at the island."  He said and walked away. Yeah right.  I scoffed.  I was stuck here for life.  My mom made it pretty clear.  I opened Soldiers stall door.  I took out his dark red halter and slipped it on over his head.  I clipped a black lead rope to it and lead Soldier out of his stall.  The ferry had stopped and was now letting people off and onto the pier that connected to the island. Before leaving the ferry I wanted Solider to look somewhat good.  Since apparently he was that famous.  So I tied his lead rope to a hook in the hallway of stalls and took a brush out of the chest in the hallway. I dropped my duffel bag so I could brush him.  I brushed his jet black coat and mane making sure to get his legs.  The bottom of his legs were white.

                               (Here is a picture of what Soldier looks like.)

)