"...I just... I thought about it and I wanna come with you but just so I can get back on my feet", she said.

Kendrick nods.

"I just don't know what to tell Ayanna yet...I swear I don't wanna take her away from him", she said.

"But it's for the best, right?", Kendrick asked.

"For me... not for her", Diamond said. "You don't know their relationship"

Kendrick nods.

Diamond begins to cook.

"You aren't going to fix you anything?", he asked.

"I'm not hungry", she said. "Are you?"

"A little but I'll get my own stuff", he said.

Diamond nods.

Kendrick watches her as she cooks. He could tell she was had something on her mind, as if she was day dreaming.

Kendrick stood up and walked to her touched her arm as he began to say something. Diamond quickly hit in him the pan.

"Oh my gosh", she said.

Kendrick stood there grabbing his arm because she burnt him.

"I'm sorry", she said as she put the pan down and walked him to the sink and ran cold water. "Put your arm under that. Do you have antibiotic cream? Aloe Vera? Something?"

"I'll get it myself", she said as he let the water run over his arm. "Just get there food ready for Ayanna"

"...I'm so sorry, Kendrick. I was thinking about something and then you...never mind. I just didn't mean to burn you", she said.

"Diamond stop", he said. "Just cook"

Diamond nods and walks back to the stove.

Kendrick stops the water and walks out the kitchen to put something on it.

————————————————————

That afternoon, Diamond began doing some laundry.

Kendrick walked out of his room and saw her. "What are you doing?", he asked.

"Laundry. You had like two baskets filled of stuff", she said.

"Yea him I can do that myself", he said as he took his shirt out of her hands.

"Listen. It's the least I can do, I'm bored and I burnt you", she said.

"Diamond go sit down. Don't worry about these clothes", he insisted.

Diamond sighed.

"What is Ayanna doing?", he asked

"Taking a nap", she replied.

"Do I have permission to grab your hand? ", he asked jokingly.

Diamond playfully rolled her eyes and smiled. "Yes", she said.

"Okay cause my arm is still hurting", he said.

"I'm sorry", she said.

Kendrick grabbed her hand. "It's okay. I'm just playing with you", he said as he walked her to his room.

"I'm in here because?", she asked.

"Because we need to talk about something", he said as she shut the door.

"Don't shut it", she said.

Kendrick slowly opened it. "Okay", he said.

Diamond sat on his bed and Kendrick walked to her and sat next to her.

"What's up?", she asked.

"So this whole abortion thing, you sure you wanna do it?", he asked.

"Yes", she said.

Kendrick nods. "Okay", he said as he went into his wallet and handed her his credit card.

"I don't wanna take that just come with me", she said.

"take it and get whatever else y'all need because y'all don't have any clothes with you", he said.

Diamond looked down. "The 500 dollars for the abortion is enough", she said.

"Diamond stop tryna be so independent. Take the card and get whatever", he said.

Diamond sighed and took the card from him.

"Thank you", he said.

"No...thank you", she said. "And I'll pay you back"

"No need", he said.

Diamond smiles a little as she looks down.

Kendrick kisses her forehead and walks out the room.

TO BE CONTINUED...