"Jackson!" the woman squealed into the phone, causing The Falcon to wince. "You are never going to believe this!"

Jerome placed his forehead into his hand shaking it slowly. 

"You can stop looking for me, sweetheart! I've been rescued!" She was grinning and holding her arms close to her chest while doing a small, excited little dance. "No, no! Not the cops, darling. Better! The superheroes! They're even getting the bad guys! I'm going to get a lift to my house with one of them. He has wings! Meet me there sweetie, okay?"

She hung up the phone and turned toward her savior with a smile. "Okay, I'm ready! Can we fly over the bad guys so I can see them getting their asses kicked?"

He shook his head again and stepped forward. In one quick movement he had unfurled his massive wings, scooped her up, and with a single pump, lifted from the ground and soared skyward.

............

Macy's shriek of surprise turned into a squeal of delight and amazement as she watched the Earth fall away below her. They climbed higher and higher, until she was afraid they would shoot into space. He leveled off. He was holding her close to him, like an infant, so with arms tight around his neck, she craned her head back taking in the entire view. Los Angeles looked so tiny below them. The city lights sparkled and were reflected in her large blue eyes.

Macy realized that her cheeks were beginning to ache from grinning so widely ever since they'd left the ground. She turned toward the amazing and angelic man who carried her. "You really are something special, Mister Falcon!"

"You can call me Jerome, ma'am." He smiled at her.

"Well, then call me Macy." She grinned back. "Do you need my address?"

"Nope. I know where you live."

"Okay, now that's a little creepy." Her brows furrowed at him and he laughed out.

"I was following to see what business you and your partner had with the car thieves. My intentions were pure, I assure you."

She breathed out, relieved. She would have hated to have had to beat him over the head with her purse this high off the ground. She alternated between looking down at the amazing city and looking up at the amazing man throughout the rest of the short flight to her condo.

The Falcon began his decent a few blocks from her complex and she laughed with sheer joy as they came in to land, very softly, on the ground outside her door. She giggled, her head feeling light and her body tingling.

"Why that was..." She stopped short with her mouth half open when her eyes caught a tall, lanky figure leaning casually against a truck a short distance away.

"Jackson!!" she squealed, causing Jerome to wince again and put his hands over his sensitive ears. With that she was off, sprinting, her things dropped on the ground behind her and her face lit up like Christmas.

................

"Jackson, my love!" Macy threw herself at him and he stepped forward to catch her in his arms. Instead of prying her off of him, however, as he usually did, he wrapped his arms around her and held her, lifting her up off the ground, as tightly as he could without crushing her. His face was buried in her soft hair and his eyes squeezed shut, doing their best not to tear up.

Macy's eyes were open in shock at his warm embrace, but then she closed them and melted against him, happily.

Jackson opened his eyes after a moment and took in the tall, bird-like man who stood there watching them. He had, along with his friends, rescued Macy. The super-human superhero gang of vigilantes (whom it was in his job description to hunt down and arrest) had rescued his partner. She was the most important person in his world and they brought her back to him, safe and sound.

Jackson placed Macy gently on her feet and with his arm protectively wrapped around her, he walked slowly toward the magnificent creature standing there. He took in the wings. The skin that was as black as the night. The golden eyes and stoic shoulders.

Jackson almost laughed out loud when he imagined placing handcuffs on this... this angelic man (who couldn't possibly even be of this world) and marching him to jail to book him.

As they reached The Falcon, Macy started to babble introductions and she went into a particularly long tirade about the flight and how beautiful it was and how scared she was at first, but how brave Jerome was, and on and on. All the while Jackson and Jerome just stood and stared at each other.

Finally Jackson clamped a hand over Macy's mouth gently, causing her eyes to widen in surprise and then instantly narrow in indignation.

"You rescued my partner," he said, ignoring Macy's struggles to remove his hand. She stopped struggling when he spoke and stood still, her eyes moving from one to the other, curious.

"I did. We did," Jerome replied with a nod and a small wink at Macy. He looked back at Jackson again. His wings were still partly open as if to fly away. Apparently he was not quite completely at ease.

"I don't know how to possibly thank you. And your friends. I really... I don't know."

"Why don't you go ahead and get her inside and take care of the important things first, Detective Wolfe. We can talk later. I understand this is rather awkward for you, but don't trouble yourself over it until you've seen to her and you both have settled down."

Jackson nodded his agreement. 

"Miss Macy. Pleasure to be your rescuer, my lady." He bent and kissed her hand, lightly. With that he took a step back, shook his wings out, opened them to their full expanse, and with a powerful beat, he swooped once again, back into the sky.

He turned back toward the two partners standing with arms around each other. He reached up and gave them a little salute, then turned and disappeared into the night sky.

Macy looked up at Jackson, beaming at him. He looked back at her. He shoved his hands in his pockets and then looked away. Macy's smile turned into a full out grin. "Why Jackson, honey. I have the feeling you were a little bit worried about me!"

He turned back toward her, glaring. His eyes bore into hers. Suddenly he grabbed her, causing her to let out a startled squeak, and pulled her into his arms. This time he met her mouth with his own and kissed her as though her breath would save his life. He parted her lips with his tongue and her warmth spread through him like an electric shock, thawing out all of the icy restraints he'd had safely in place. Their eyes were closed as they melted together. Neither of them noticed the light, delicate snow that drifted down around them. In L.A. and in August.

Edited.

(A/N: I know this sounds like an ending, but it actually isn't. There's way more that needs to be done, so... stay tuned. And please vote! Thank you! Let me know what you think via comments!)