T H I R T Y - E I G H T

Start from the beginning

"Uhm... I have no clean clothes." Her eyes are trained on the white carpet.

Walking up to the bed I raise the clothes I picked out for her and handed them to her, her face shrivels, "These are yours."

I laugh, "And?"

"You couldn't give me your mom's clothes?"

With a shake of my head I respond, "She's much much taller than you. You might as well wear mine."

"I'm pretty sure you're probably still taller than her, so hers would still make much much more sense."

I exhale loudly, "Lerato Zamo, ndiyaku cela wethu, please just wear mine."

[I'm asking you]

Her mouth moved downwards into that impressed but slightly shocked face, "Pulled out IsiZulu I've never heard you speak before. Shook." She pops her eyes wider before pulling her head back and going back to her room.

I'm a King, in Kwa-Zulu Natal what the heck does she expect from me?

We're driving back to her house when I see the ice rink approaching, she's tapping away at her phone clearly not paying attention. Taking advantage of that I take a turn and head towards it. She's still tapping when I stop in the parking lot.

She raises her head once the engine quiets. Seeing the rink in front of us she turns over to me, her eyebrow raising slightly, "What are we doing here?"

I give her a dumb look, "Oh, I don't know sleeping?" I rolls my eyes.

She lets out a chuckle that she had tried to suppress but failed, "You're dumb." She states before we get out of the car.

Walking into the rink I can tell she's a little more at ease although she still seems to be carrying the annoyance from last night. She's speaking to me because she's obviously just being polite but I doubt she'd be talking if we had actually gone to her home. She'd have probably shut the door in my face and stayed away.

"I'm sorry," I say to her as we approach the entrance, "I should've told you Tshiamo had found her mate, then — "

"I still would've invited Asanté, I don't care that Kamohelo came along too. I care that your stupid decisions landed me here. Your stupidity cost me my happiness. That's what upset me, not Tshiamo bringing her freaking mate."

Maybe I shouldn't have said anything, "I'm sorry, Lerato —"

She sighed exasperatedly, "Motheo, can we just skate? I'm really not in the mood to be debating and upset. You brought us here to have fun, right?" I nod, "So let's do that, I'm so damn tired of your stupid apologies."

"I can't help it, I've done so much to ruin the foundation and I'm just trying to patch it up."

Her eyes shrunk as her brows dipped, "Motheo, it takes two to do that and I'm definitely not there yet."

Yet. That's good enough for me.

We entered the rink and she smiled gently, noticing this I had to ask, "So I take it you know how to skate?"

She laughs, "Oh, do I!"

We trade our shoe before being handed the ice skates, moving over the the stands we sit and put on our skates. She groans and before I can ask her what's the matter she mutters, "I don't have the right socks on."

I chuckle and say, "Well, you can't have it all. You got my moms jeans so surely you have something to be thankful for."

She shoves me with one hand, "Oh, please! If you thought I'd be seen in your basketball shorts and shirt you're sorely mistaken. So thank the jeans, or I wouldn't be in this rink."

She had returned soon after walking away with my clothes to ask for a pair of my mother's jeans. Saying, she'd rather roll them up at the bottom than have to roll and tie my shorts just to hold her waist. Honestly, I doubted that the jeans would even slip on with her figure but she made it work.

She then tied my shirt behind her back exposing a bit of her stomach. Her waist perfectly moulded in the jeans, she looks stunning. Her blonde braids tied up into a bun with two braids falling either side of her perfect face.

Stepping onto the ice we skated around and she was indeed a really good skater. I hadn't skated in a few years so it took me a couple laps around to remember. She vowed that it had been a few years for her too but it didn't seem like it, she was moving backwards and doing spins like it was nothing.

The smile on her face was stunning, she looked so happy. Almost as though we hadn't had the conversation we had outside. That smile could've been directed at me every single day if I hadn't messed up as badly as I did.

I would stop at nothing to make sure that she would be mine again. First, I had to get rid of that second chance of hers.