Chapter 18: Fire & Ice

Start from the beginning

"Okay," the man growled. "You're not answering me... What happened to him!?" Touya swears he's dealing with a dense bitch right about now which is saying a lot since he deals with a snarky blonde and a man of many personalities on the daily.

"A girl stabbed him last night. Once in the shoulder, chest and stomach. All..." (Y/n) swallowed the lump in her throat. "All of his vitals besides his heart. She had no weapons either."

"Hmm now was it that hard?" Touya mocked (Y/n) through the phone.

"Now you gotta answer me a few things," she growled in return.

"Yeah," Touya tuts. "No."

"Hey!" She snapped.

"Phone Calls are tracked all the time Sweetheart," Touya sang. He's very well aware that he shouldn't even be taking this call right now. "Anything I say will only cause problems."

"Fine, okay," (Y/n) rapidly tapped her foot on the ground. "Let's meet up then."

"(Y/n)!" Shoto's eyes lit up with betrayal.

Touya chuckled. He heard Shoto loud and clear. Yeah, of course this call's being tracked. "Yeah you don't want to meet me." Nothing to lose now right?

"Yes I do," (Y/n) took a stand. She's determined to get the truth one way or another. "I want to put the girl who tried to kill my brother behind bars and clearly you know more than you should. Either you help me, or I'll hunt you down..."

Ooh so scary. Sounds like something out of a movie. "Well you aren't wrong," Touya rested his side up against a wall with a pleased sigh. "I want to kill the bitch that pulled this stunt as much as you do. Tonight then... Midnight. The phones are connected. Just follow my location."

That was surprisingly easy... "See you then."

"Come alone."

"No," (Y/n) turned to Shoto. The boy was still in complete and utter shock over everything that was playing about like a deck of cards. You had no idea what was gonna happen next. "I ask that I bring a friend. He saved my brother last night. He may be of help."

"Only the two of you then," Touya compromised. "If he's a pro or if you try to pull any stunts... I'll make sure you burn as kindling for me."

"That's the last thing I'd do..." Betray your only hope in solving this attempted murder, yeah that'd be stupid on so many levels. (Y/n) hung up as Touya's last line lingered on the mind. "Burn as kindling for me..." She muttered to herself. Something about Touya's words bothered (Y/n). There was dark intent in his voice. Not only that, "I've heard that before..."

"His voice is familiar..." Shoto too was bothered by the phone call.

"Yeah..." (Y/n) groaned in realization. "I've heard it somewhere... Do you think we've met Touya before? Maybe under a different name? He made his point clear that he's a criminal who wishes to remain on the down low..." (Y/n) really can't put her finger on it. Maybe Touya's voice isn't familiar, but that quote is for sure. "Why can't I recall where I've heard that line before?"

"Let's just get ready for tonight," Shoto suggested with an arm wrapped around her backside. "You really just set us up with a villain. We're gonna be screwed if we get caught."

"No," (Y/n) hummed. "It's Friday. I'll just tell Mr. Aizawa that we both want to spend the night at your house since we're Enji's apprentices afteral." Strangely enough, (Y/n) was a master at coming up with fool proof plans on the fly. She's got that talent from Enji. Sneaking out was her main priority thirty years back and hey! It all paid off.

"That's..." Shoto's eyebrows arched upwards. "Smart."

"Touya has our backs too. We won't get caught."