Chapter 29: The Beginning of the End

I lied!!! There's one more chapter after this! This WAS originally the final chapter but it's WAY too long for everything to fit in one chapter so here's the first part to the final chapter. The second half will be uploaded when finished ON TOP OF an epilogue of what happens after the events of the book.

No leads were found, only one League of Villain's member was picked out from the crowd and death threats were plastered for everyone to see. (Y/n) had broken and had run out of hope for that matter too and yet this family vacation has yet to begin. (Y/n) believed saving her family from what she considered to be a massacre was inevitable. She didn't understand why everyone wasn't taking the situation seriously, acting as if this rescue mission disguised as a vacation were truly real. From Hawks planning on soaring across the big blue at breakneck speeds to Midoriya planning dates for himself and Shun. Everyone is about to die. How can anyone relax at a time like this?

After much persuasion, Shoto managed to bring (Y/n) to her senses. He understood that the stakes were high, anything upon everything could go south at any given moment, but that's okay. They're ready for what the League has planned be it during the early morning hours or the middle of the night. Everything is accounted for, they just won't give the League the time of day. That's why everyone has their guard lowered. To lure the League into a false sense of security and then when they strike, the League of Villains won't be prepared for what's coming! Shun's false death has already shaken up their leading member, and that won't be the end of it.

A day had passed, and then two. The League of Villains had yet to make a move. While everyone knew they'd eventually strike, everyone had lowered their guard just enough to finally enjoy this vacation for what it was. Despite how badly (Y/n)'s siblings wanted to go swimming in the ocean, nearly everyone made a hard pass but now a few had taken up the offer. The first being Midoriya that is. He had such a hard time telling the fox twins no in the first place, before the guilt began to eat him up, now he's diving head first into the frigid ocean. Next was Hawks, he had been flying across the ocean from dusk till dawn since day one but now he's donned a pair of swim trucks and joined the kids.

Shun can't swim, hence his mechanical limbs, so he's been reading and chatting casually with Bakugou. That's another thing: Bakugou. He's been getting along with Shun since this trip had begun. He's actually explained its because 'Shitty Hair was forced behind and I'm not going to sit here all day' so it began with trying to square up before the boys settled on talking about how annoying the Fox twins are. Turns out, Shun cannot stand his younger siblings. He cursed the day his father adopted the Fox Twins because all they ever do is destroy things, make a mess of everything and bite the living hell out of him.

(Y/n) on the other hand, didn't think to bring along a swimsuit... It's due to her quirk that she'd rather miss out on the fun instead of freezing to death in any body of water. However, her mother insisted that she'd at least dress for the occasion and had sewn her a swimsuit almost instantly. Curse her mother for being a national fashion designer with a sewing machine quirk...

More than twenty minutes had passed since (Y/n) had reluctantly taken her mother's swim suit and went into the nearest bathroom. Shoto had been holding out on the water hoping that (Y/n) would join him but considering how long she's been locked in the bathroom, that possibility is beginning to look faint. "Was she always this self conscious when you two were dating?" Shoto had turned to his father, who sat under a nearby umbrella with a newspaper lying out across a table.

Enji raised his head with a half lidded glare, "must you ask such questions?"

"Sorry, it was just a question," Shoto turned away from the man.

"It's inappropriate to ask given my age," Enji retaliates.

Shoto turned around sharing a much more heated glare, "it's not like I asked if you two had sex or anything. I only wanted to know how she was back when you knew her."