Chapter 13: Home Is Where The Heart Is

I just realized that the chapters of this book average out around 5-6,000 Words. Hope you all love me for all the hard work I dump into this book. I freaking love writing...

While Kirishima went home practically right after his surgery, it was unfortunate to find that you were stuck in the hospital an extra week. If only you would've used some common sense during your time in the Gauntlet... Yeah, that burn that villain Todoroki gave you, if only you would've done nothing about it then you would've been discharged from the hospital in a few days. Your stupid determination to flee the attacker thought that icing the burn would make matters better, well guess what? It made everything worse! You knew the action would make your injuries worse too. A friendly reminder to everyone that icing a burn is the worst thing anyone can do. The results: frostbite and horrible scarring.

While your level of frostbite wasn't life threatening, it was troublesome enough that it was serious enough to put you under extreme painkillers for over a week. Luckily, you've been off the painkillers for a few days now. Being off them is a blessing in itself. Aizawa and Shoto are taking you back to the dorms later tonight. The one downside is that you have to come back and get the staples out of your head in a few days. Not like that's such a bad thing! You've literally been itching to get them out.

School got out not too long ago. That means your two favorite boys should be here to pick you up anytime now. Yes, even though you've been in UA for no longer than two months, but Aizawa quickly made it as one of the favorite teachers you've ever had. He's tired and grumpy, then again, everybody is from time to time. Something about Aizawa made him feel inviting. Is it the weird cuddly dad vibe you got off of him? Probably. Over the intercom on your special hospital remote, a nurse notified you of a visitor. Yay! That's all you could think. Time to leave!

Until a head of purple popped into the room. "Shinsou..." You let out an annoyed groan. "I'm coming back today. You couldn't wait till I got back to the dorms to see me?"

"Who's this Shinsou guy!?" The male growled as he fluffed up his hair in a frenzy.

"Oh..." How could you make the same mistake twice? Of course that isn't Shinsou. "I'm sorry Shun..."

"Seriously though..." You ill tempered brother ran a hand through his head of purple. "I want to meet this Shinsou guy sometime this century and figure out what all the fuss is about." You could just barely make out through Shun's shaggy purple bangs that a vein was on the verge of popping.

"Wanna come to the dorms with me later and meet him?" You offered since It's the least you can do for him right now.

"If I have the time," Shun glanced at his phone to check his schedule.

You snickered. "What's so important that you can't spend some quality time with me?"

"Stuff to do y'know-"

"Whoa whoa whoa! Where did those come from!?" You pointed at his arms of black mechanical steel. Since when did Shun have those- those- arms!? They're bulky to the point he can't wear sleeves. Like seriously, he's standing there wearing a tank top and a padded grey vest since the mechanics for his arms continued on past his shoulders. Does he even have shoulders or are those mechanical too? What in the hell happened to him? They stand out like a sore thumb! How could you not notice them before?

Shun on the other hand could only stare at you wondering if you're serious. "Looks like I'm explaining them again for the upteenth time," Shun sighed. He could've sworn you were conscious the last time he explained their origins. However, you're his sister. He'll explain once more just for you and so, he held out one of his arms. "I know you want to touch it."

"Yeah!" You jumped over and gave the impressive piece of work a gander. Your fingers grazed every dip and curve, every coil, every lubricated joint. Out of pure curiosity, you tried to manually lift the arm but couldn't! His arms weigh a ton each! "What happened to you?" You finally got your train of thought back on track. Your mind got sidetracked by his impressive piece of hardware when in reality you should be concerned on why he had them in the first place.