This One's for You - Chapter 2

Chapter 2   

“So, I kind of did something awful.” Willow said, linking her arm throw mine.  I eyed her carefully as we shoved our way through the horde of students racing to see who could escape the school first.  Oh, mother of pearl, I thought. She’s definitely up to something.  Judging by her expression, whatever she did was more along the lines of awfully fun than awful.  Enjoyment was written on her face as if in Sharpie.  Oh, boy.

Glancing over my shoulder once more for Xavier, who had been shooting daggers at me with his glassy blue eyes all day, I sighed with relief.  The posse of freshman blonds from the morning stood gathered around Xavier’s locker, twisting their hair and lathering on the lip gloss.  Xavier flipped his hair provocatively at them as he leaned up against the cold metal, expertly keeping his wounded hand hidden from view in his back pocket.  I guess being injured by a girl wasn’t too sexy. 

After reassuring myself once more that Xavier was too busy with his new toys to hassle me, I grudgingly faced Willow.  Knowing her, there was no way of knowing what I was in for.      

“Oh, god, what did you do?” I asked reluctantly.

The grin she had been attempting to smother peeked out for a moment, her eyes sparking with mischief.  She tightened her hold on my forearm.     

“Come on.” She smirked, dragging toward her Corvette.  “It’ll be more fun if I just show you.”

~~~~

For the hundredth time, I spat my hair out of my mouth, the wind slapping my face.  Stupid convertible. 

“Couldn’t you at least put the top up?” I begged, my cheeks filling with air.

“Windblown hair is sexy, and you never know who could drive by us.  Maybe a Taylor Lautner look-a-like?” She winked.

“I doubt that, and wind burn so isn’t sexy.” I grunted, sliding down in the seat. 

Willow turned onto the main road, a devious grin growing on her face, spreading to her aviator hidden eyes.  I scowled.  She looked so pretty, her hair billowing in the wind like in the movies, the complete opposite of mine.  Her cheeks were slightly pink.  She looked radiant.  It wasn’t fair.

“Alright, Ms. Grinch, stop your pouting as rest your eyes on the best thing since Mac and Cheese!”

I followed her finger with my eyes, resting them on the old, rusting billboard on the side of the road where two workers were pasting the newest advertisement:

                                The World’s Music Sensation, Torment, is returning to its roots! 

                           Don’t miss their one night only, hometown concert on September 1st. 

                                                              Be there, or be tormented.

My heart stopped.

“You didn’t.”

“I so did.” Willow mocked my tone before laughing. 

“I know I’ve said this before, but now I mean it, I’m going to kill you!” I screamed, thrashing around in my seat, resisting the urge to punch her.  I may have wanted her to die, but I sure as hell didn’t want to get killed by causing her to drive into a tree, or that damn billboard.

“Oh, come on.” Willow drummed her hands on the steering wheel, trying desperately not to squeak with excitement.  “I heard they’re debuting a new song, their “most personal yet!” according to Seacrest.  And we haven’t seen the boys in what,”

“Two years.” I interrupted.  “And I’m not going anywhere near anything that has to do with,” I shuttered, “them.  You can count me out.”

“You don’t have a choice.  The tickets are bought and permission from your parents granted.”  Willow said unwaveringly.  I refused to reply with anything but a rude grunt.

“Vanessa,” she added with a wink, “You wouldn’t want me to go to a big concert all by my lonesome.  There could be scary, mean people there that want to hurt a lonely, defenseless girl like-”

“Oh, shut it." I groaned. "I’ll be your chaperone, but that’s it.  We go, we leave.  End of story.”

The squeal finally escaped her mouth, leaving my ears ringing.

“You’re so dead when this car stops moving, Willow Monroe.”

She just laughed.  Typical. 

_____________________________________

Sorry it's kind of short, but I wanted to at least get another chapter out before school started back up!  Also, I want to say thank you so much for reading and fanning!  It means the world to me.  Oh yeah, and Happy New Year!