Seven: Do You Have To Let It Linger?

Start from the beginning

"Okay, I'm sorry. I know you don't. I was just trying to help you loosen up a wee bit." he apologizes. I know he meant it. Though their method of helping me calm down may seem questionable, they were still of help.

"You guys are right." 

For the longest time, I thought I was the fire, and she was the ice.

But after a change of perspectives, it dawned on me: Elsa was the fire; bright, spontaneous, and full of passion. Whilst I was ice— frigid, unmoving, and will only give you teeth pain.

"You're the bravest person we know, Merida." Was I really? "You can handle a date with a... what do call it? A Bonnie Haddie.

"This is Elsa we're talking about, lads. She could probably open a push-pull door without a hitch!"

Right on time, the Bonnie Haddie arrived, attempting to pull open the glass doors of the shop but failed before she realized she needed to push them open.

And that was all it took. I was okay again.

"There she is." I declared in a whisper, still awestricken at the sight of her which these two friends of mine made me instantaneously regret as they quickly turned their heads around with about as much subtlety as a horse kick to the face!

I looked back at Elsa and almost choked on my own saliva.

You know those scenes in film when people walk in slow motion? Accompanied by the background fading out into a pink other-worldly dimension with bubbles dancing in the wind behind them, walking towards you?

That's what was happening right now. 

Her platinum blondness was a sight to behold, almost beating Jack's dyed hair. Oh, what a disservice did the House of Rainbows do to her. It looked even better in afternoon lighting than it did at the bar. 

No, everything about her looked better in the sunlight! Every little thing. Her eyes were as blue as the electricity running through my body. Her skin could give the moon in a starry night sky a run for its money. 

She made those light blue denim overalls look like a ball gown. She could literally wear a potato sack and she'd still have the same effect on me.

 She could literally wear a potato sack and she'd still have the same effect on me

"You're drooling..." Jack snaps me back to reality. 

"Hello, Merida." she speaks! Oh, speak again, bright angel.

"Hi."

When she reached our table, the lads lifted their heads up from pretending to take a sip of their drinks to meet her eyes. Good. That's subtleness.

Elsa's eyes were the size of planet Earth, "Jack? Hiccup?"

"Elsa!" they stood up from their seats. Oh no.