Mortality

The Rin and Sesshomaru AU of Inuyasha that no one asked for because they're fucking canon on the sequel which is a big fuck you to the haters

×-×-×-×

Her life had always been gripped with darkness. From an early age till her late teens. It was in adulthood where she finally learnt the true meaning of her own existence. Born before men roamed the lands, beasts like her who was created to rule over the lands rose up from the ashes to claim their rightful throne.

Centuries old, she has seen countless things in her life. Though, she wouldn't really consider her life as living. She was sired by the strongest beast in their land, a lord who rules over other beasts who seeks to overthrow him. Likewise, her mother was wise, an outstanding strategist that could help back up her father— after all, for every successful man there's always a cunning woman supporting behind him. With that, their coupling was unbeatable— then she was born.

As a child, she had never been ignorant over her parent's matrimony. Although her parents wasn't what you call, the loving type of people – her parents were cordial and respectful towards each other. Love was never a part of the equation, her parents mated – that is a fact, but only for an heir to born; only for her to be born.

She respected her father, while in her own ways, cared for her mother. She looked up to her father, while she protected her mother in his stead.

Her parent's union was ideal, but... She supposed, ideal wasn't enough. She hadn't expected that after centuries of her parents married with each other, it would end with merely the exact same thing they hadn't brought into the equation.

Love

She spat under her breath in disgust.

Her father— the strong tyrannical king grew to love someone. He had loved someone—

What's worse was— it wasn't her mother, no.

It was a frail.weak.human.

The entire beast court was appalled, the 'strongest' beast they had followed for centuries and millennias broke the one rule every beast and human alike swore to never cross.

Humans shall never mate with a beast, likewise for a beast to never mate with a human.

Although beasts ruled the lands, humans were still present in the same soils— weak and cowardly, like how they would and shall always be.

In anger and betrayal from her father's blasphemy, she along with the help of her mother and the court decided to over throw her own father from his seat— making her, the heiress, to be the new ruler of the continents.

She was the one who drew the sword to her father's pathetic mistress's heart.

She was the one who pierced her father's traitorous heart.

Since their love came from the exact appendage that strayed her once strong willed father— then she'll end their love with the stopping beat of their own heart.

Before her father succumbed to his inevitable death, with his love lain lifelessly beside him; he spoke his final words to his only daughter.

"My daughter, the humans— they are more powerful than you think. We ruled over the land with merciless actions, but one day— they'll rule the same land thro...th... tions. The land... peak of... You... kno...one day..."

After the events occurred, and the problem has been solved— the thin rope full of tension that was holding the line between humans and beasts were finally in peace yet again. As she was still considered to be young in their own years, she left the seat of ruling the lands to her mother – and she herself set out on a journey to roam around, seeking ways to make herself more powerful than she already is— more powerful than her own father.