41

Someone...help...I can't breathe...
Channie...

Chan dived into the water right after Felix was thrown off the cliff, the younger was coughing up water sinking below.

Chan quickly swam over to him, pulling him into his arms. Felix didn't know who it was, but immediately held on to them for dear life as he wrapped himself around their body.

He coughed as he had his eyes closed, gripping onto the person.

*meow*

"P-please...I can't swim..." he cried.

"It's ok, it's ok. I'm here kitten" Chan said calmly patting his head.

"C-Channie...?" he cried as he opened his eyes to look and see Chan holding him, but closed them right away to see they were in deep water.

"Yes, baby. I'm here, I'm here. We're getting out the water" Chan slowly started to swim back to shore, holding on tight to Felix.

His heart was saddened to feel the boy shaking from fear in his hold, his crying and sobs so frightened.

They reached the shore, Chan carrying Felix like a koala as the younger gripped onto him. He could feel how the younger's nails dig into his back, but he didn't care.

Changbin and Hyunjin rushed to meet up with them.

"Felix?! Is he ok? We found the owners to those hybrids and told them what they did, we won't be seeing them again..." Changbin sighed.

"Lixie..." Hyunjin tried to touch his back, but the younger cried even louder as he clinged onto Chan.

"Shhh, it's ok kitten. No more scary water, we're going back to the house" Chan rubbed his back, the younger was still shaking, expected from the trauma that just took place.

Chan said he would take Felix back while the other two would pack up their things to bring back soon.

As soon as they got inside, Chan was trying to put Felix down, but the younger shook his head and cried his name.

"Ok princess, it's ok. I won't let go, let's go to the bathroom..."

Chan got to the bathroom, placing Felix on the counter. The younger finally letting go of him.

"I'm gonna start a bath for us-"

Felix jumped off the counter immediately backing up against the door.

*meow*

"N-no..! No bath...please no bath...! Please...!" he cried frantically as he was tried to unlock the door and run out.

Chan shut the water off quick to grab his small hands.

"Ok, ok...calm down...no bath... I promise no bath..."

Felix sniffled with a nod as he looked down, still shaking and shivering in his wet clothes.

"No bath, just a shower. Ok sweetheart?"

Chan said calmly as he pulled Felix slowly to the glass shower.

"O-ok..." the younger meowed quietly.

Chan managed to get him in the shower for them to bathe together, the younger held on to him, still scared and not wanting to let go.

The older made it quick since the boy was traumatized. Once they finished, Chan dried them both off before taking them to their room.

He quickly got Felix dressed in his sweatshirt and his boxers. When Chan finished slipping on his ow clothes he sat on the bed with Felix in his lap, drying his cat ears and hair with a towel.

Felix remained quiet, letting out sad meows here and there.

"Kitten...we need to talk..." Chan said softly.

*meow*

Felix looked at him with a sad expression before nodding. Chan set the towel to the side, reaching his arms around Felix's waist holding him close.

"Baby...why didn't you ever tell me...you couldn't swim...?"

Felix let out a small meow before speaking up.

*meow*

"I didn't want you to think...it was silly..."

Chan let out a sigh before reaching to cup his cheek, making him look at him.

"Sweetheart...why would you think that? I would never think it's silly...there are plenty of people who can't swim..."

Felix nodded as he looked away.

Chan let out another sigh as he pulled Felix close to his chest, laying down on the bed.

"Kitten...I need you to tell me these things. It's dangerous if I don't know, if I wasn't there in time...god knows what would have happened to you..."

Felix nodded into his chest.

"I'm sorry Channie...that I didn't tell you..."

Chan rubbed his back as he kissed the boy on the top of his head.

"Anything important like that, I need you to tell me. Ok? It's just as important as your allergy" he looked down to him.

"Ok Channie... I promise..."

Chan gave him a soft smile as he held him close, hoping the boy would feel better after today.

                                             ~

It didn't however, because now the boy had a fear of water even more, including bath time.

It was on the fifth day, and Felix would have panic attacks anytime Chan would tell them it was time for their bath. Immediately he would tell him they could shower instead, which the younger nervously agreed to.

"Channie...what are these for?"

"This bottle is your new anxiety medicine the doctor prescribed...."

Chan could tell the boy was feeling more stressed than usual as well, so he called his doctor to advise on the situation.

"Anxiety...?"

They were at the dinner table, Chan had finished eating as he brought the small bottle over to him.

"Yes kitten, it's gonna help you feel less scared and worried of things...like how you've been scared of bath time and water...." he said delicately as he petted his head.

"Oh...ok..."

Felix did know he was feeling more anxious than usual, so he just agreed to take them.

"Start taking them tonight, and in a few days you should feel less anxious. Ok beautiful?"

"Sure Channie..." Felix gave a small smile.

I hope these make him less scared now...