13ღ

𝐃𝐞 𝐥𝐚 𝐑𝐮𝐞 𝐒𝐚𝐟𝐞𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞, 𝟑 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫

"Figlio, tell me you and Monet did not do this." Francesca looked at the TV, the news was broadcasting the aftermath of getting pulled us over three days ago. The headline read, '𝟮 𝗡𝗬𝗖 𝗣𝗼𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝗢𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗕𝗿𝘂𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗞𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗱, 𝗦𝘂𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗰𝘁 𝗨𝗻𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄𝗻'

He looked at her with worry. These were the first words she spoke to him since we arrived at the safehouse. Before, she blatantly ignored both of us and continued with herself. "We did," he says. "But it wasn't like we were seeking them out," I add. She turns from the screen and walks up to me, not saying anything, but looking to each of us. "Mio Dio, you two really are the duo. You look like Antoine," She points to Cristian. "And you act like him," she says pointing to me.

She pulls us in for a group hug and pulls Cristian down to her height, so she can kiss his forehead. "Oh, this wedding will be so bello!" Her eldest son looks at her sincerely, probably most I've ever seen him be, and lowly whispers, "Mi dispiace di essere andato via durante il funerale di papà."

(I'm sorry I left during Dad's funeral.)

I exited the room to let the reconcile when the head maid, Loraine, gets my attention. "Miss?" I turn to her, confused about what I was needed for. "What's the matter?" I say lightly. Compared to other days, today had been a pretty fulfilling one. Apart from quitting my job and potentially having the law hunt me down, seeing my boyfriend make up with his family was a pretty cherishing sight to see. Family matters (other than mine) always made my heart melt.

"There's a woman outside. She claims to know you?" I wasn't expecting anyone today... "It's not Ophelia is it?" Loraine laughs, "Heavens, no." I let out a little laugh of relief. Down the hall, to the front of the house, we hear loud chatter and a voice I'm not familiar with. "But she's my daughter!" A woman runs down the corridor, standing in front of me.

My mother.

As much as I hated to say it, she looked just like me. Same eyes and height, her facial structure akin to mine. Only, her skin was a tad bit lighter than mine. It was like the older duplicate version of me, gray hairs and all, was standing right in front of me.

She walks up to me with teary eyes, arms open, and out. "My baby, I missed you so much-"

I lifted my arm and landed a solid punch onto her cheek, causing her to crash to the ground. Not giving her time to recuperate, I dive on top of her. My arms spurred left and right, hard punches connecting from the sides of her abdomen up to her skull. I repositioned my body senselessly slamming my fists onto her face, right, left, right, left, as the maids begged for me to get off of her.

I eyed a tall glass flower pot sitting on a dainty table. It looked heavy and painful. That probably could've replaced the long-overdue curb stomp, but it's too far for me to reach.

"Fight back! You knew this was going to happen!" I holler.

She's here and in the flesh. I was going to beat her for running away with all of Baba's hard-earned money, which was little. For being a wimpy-bitch and abandoning us when we had nothing. There were so many nights where we had no food, when the winter weather got the best of us, when we lost our house. He almost had given me up because of her.

She shouldn't have come back. Her mistake.

With tremendous force, I slam my elbow into her chest, knocking the wind out of her. The maids try to get me off of her, but today, she was going to feel my ungodly wrath. I struck her in the eye when a pair of big hands swoop me off of her. "Put me down right now! I'm going to kill that bitch!" I whined, screaming and kicking, trying to escape their grasp.