Part of the Family | ᴡᴇᴀsʟᴇʏs (t)

• Marriage Law 
• Fred Weasley, George Weasley, Charlie Weasley

 ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ・☽ ༓ ☾・  ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶  ̶̶̶̶

It was a seemingly ordinary day when Dumbledore summoned them all together. They were the core of the Order- the most trusted inner circle. While the first wizarding war only had two Weasleys in the Order, the homely couple's kids had since grown into a robust and driven family that had proven their place within the Order time and time again. 

But they all seemed surprised to be summoned so close to the holidays- the kids were due back from Hogwarts in a few days.  

"Bill, good to see you," a new redhead exclaimed, pulling the eldest Weasley into a gruff embrace. 

"Charlie! What are you doing back?" Bill asked in surprise. Last he'd heard, his brother was still shackled up with his dragons in Romania. 

"Dumbledore called me back- must be an important meeting!" 

"It must," Bill murmured, slightly disturbed. The atmosphere of wizarding London was getting darker and darker by the day. What happened that caused Dumbledore to summon his brother from all the way across the continent?   

Charlie laughed joyously when he managed to catch even the twins by surprise. The two had closed up their shop early now that the back-to-school rush was over, curious as to what this sudden meeting could be about. 

As members began filing in one by one, they all noticed Kingsley, Tonks, and even Arthur joining their group with disturbing expressions. 

"Does someone want to tell us what's going on?" Fred finally asked, breaking the growing unease. 

Before anyone could stutter a response, the fireplace in Grimmauld Place flamed to life as the very head of their organization stepped out regally. 

"Good, you're all here," Dumbledore greeted in an uncharacteristically severe manner. Flanking him was Professor McGonagall, sporting an equally concerned expression. Before any of them could even bother asking, the usually mellow headmaster dove into the crux of it. 

"There's been new legislation in motion in the ministry," he announced. "It's been very secretive, but we believe it'll be passed as soon as the end of the week."  

"What is it?" Bill asked curiously. 

"It's a marriage law," Dumbledore intoned gravely. "For muggleborns over the age of 17." 

There was a tense pause while the entire room seemed to hold its breath. Only a second later, protests broke out throughout the room in indignation. 

"Is that allowed?" Bill recoiled. 

"How is this possible?" Molly exclaimed heatedly. 

"For only muggleborns?" Fred asked. 

"Guess we know who's behind it," George finished for him.   

"Wait," Charlie asked. "Is there anyone in the Order that'll be affected?" 

Molly's eyes widened as she sighed in relief. "No! The children all have one more year before they come of age!" 

Tonks winced, earning a stern look from Moody. 

McGonagall cleared her throat, her voice ringing through the room as she said, "We do actually- probably the most important of them all. Miss Granger turned 17 a few weeks ago."