Chapter 1 - Nightmares - Part 2

Comincia dall'inizio

Why had she been crying? I knew it couldn’t be because of me, and there’d been no rumors of a new boyfriend either. I’d deliberately avoided talking about her anywhere I went in order to keep the media believing we were still together. It was silly, I know. But it made this whole situation suck much less.

But what if she’d moved on already? I swear to god if someone hurt her, I will…

“I’m going to go see her,” Zayn interrupted my mental threat.

“You what?” I stared at him, then at Terry, and then back at Zayn. “Have you lost your mind? You can’t!”

“That’s not your call,” Terry said. “He’s friends with her too. He can do what he wants.” She rose from the couch and walked over to him, wrapping her arms around his neck.

They were the polar opposites in looks. He was dark and mysterious, while Terry was a small fair skinned glitter bomb. It was like watching a pixie mix with a werewolf.

God, I’ve watched too much Twilight. I shook my head.

“But she doesn’t want to talk to us—she made that perfectly clear.”

He shrugged. “She seemed excited to see me.”

I swallowed the lump in my throat. Fuck it. If she wanted to see him, who was I to stop her?

“I think it’s great,” Terry said. “I’m sure the past few months couldn’t have been easy on her.”

“You’re not afraid I’ll do something?” Zayn asked with a smile on his lips.

She shook her head and kissed his lips. “I trust you. Completely.”

“You two are nauseating!” I gagged. It wasn’t on purpose, but Christ, did they have to rub it in my face?

In retrospect, it might not have been the wisest decision to stay with the happiest couple on earth during my… Whatever this was. I should have visited Niall instead, but his late-night partying and overly optimistic attitude to everything, literally made my hair go gray before time.

“You love us,” Terry said and laughed. “Now, are you going to man up and pack your bags to go with him, or will I have to do it for you?”

“I’m not going with him,” I said.

“Of course, you are.” She walked over to me. “You’ve been moping over this girl for months, so I think you should go there and talk to her. Get the air between you cleared, and if needed, get the closure—just do something.”

I didn’t know how to respond to that. I hadn’t exactly been moping about her. More like… Secretly hoping I was stuck in a very realistic nightmare. And that at any time now, I’d wake up in my bed at the hotel in Milan with Cami by my side.

“Besides,” Terry said. “I’m tired of washing your dirty underway.”

“You could just have asked me to do it myself,” I muttered.

“And kick a wounded animal while it was on the ground? I’m not that cruel.”

When I glanced at her, she was smiling. It was a genuine smile, and her face had that smug expression when she knew she was right.

Sighing, I finally caved. “You really think I should go?” She nodded, and I looked over at Zayn. “What about you?”

He held up his hand. “Hey, I’m in no place to decide what you’re going to do with your life. But you obviously miss her, so why not simply get it over with? Who knows, maybe it’s all a misunderstanding.”