Chapter 4 - Orphan - Part 1

A/N: Comment, yeah? Where have you all gone? I miss seeing your reactions to the scenes. <3 Please, do give me everything you have. It helps me write. 

HARRY:

When I woke up the next morning, I was feeling rather satisfied with myself. I hugged a pillow, smiling to myself as I recalled the previous night.

Despite the complete and utter fail, the exhibition had turned out to be, the night had ended pretty well. I still remembered the feeling of holding Cami in my arms, and I couldn’t quite fathom how perfect it seemed.

She was made to be in my arms—I just knew it.

At first, it hadn’t been my plan to kiss her. We’d been getting along so well for the most of the night, and I didn’t want to ruin anything by moving too fast. But when I saw her walk away, I couldn’t just let that be it. I’d acted before I even realized what I was doing.

And she’d kissed me back. That much I was sure off. For one perfect instant, everything had been where it was supposed to again.

Surely, she must now know how I felt about her. I’d made it pretty clear that I was into her with my behavior and the fact that I’d asked her out again. However, the kiss had been my final move, just in case she hadn’t understood my intentions.

Just in case… That’s what I’d said to her. Yeah… She had to know how I felt now.

I rolled out of the bed, scratching my head as I walked over to my dresser. I didn’t have any plans today, so I didn’t know what to actual dress for. Zayn would probably appreciate if I wore clothes, though.

Once I exited my bedroom, a scent of fresh-brewed coffee filled my nostrils. Following my nose, I walked out to find Zayn in my kitchen. He was making pancakes, and I snickered lightly when I saw he was wearing an apron.

“Good morning, honey,” I said. “Mmn. That smells delicious.”

He glanced back at me, rolling his eyes. “Pancakes, want some?”

“Of course,” I said and took a seat at the counter.

Zayn placed a plate with a batch of pancakes in front of me. “I didn’t hear you come home last night. Did everything go well?”

I dived in almost immediately, chewing quickly in order to speak. “Yeah, you can say that.”

“So you told her how you felt?”

I chewed slowly. “In a way…”

“I take that as a no then.” Zayn came over with a plate for himself and took a seat opposite me. “You’re digging yourself into a deeper hole, mate.”

“I kissed her,” I said. “And I asked her out again.”

“Really?” Zayn raised his eyebrows.

“Yup.”

“And you’re sure she knows this isn’t part of the whole acting thing you have going on?”

I frowned. “I don’t see how she could think that. Plus she returned the kiss.”

“I don’t know, man.” Zayn shrugged. “Cami seems like the kind of girl who would be confused when the lines are blurred like that.”

“What do you mean?”

“Like…” He stopped playing with his food and leaned on his elbow. “Remember in Milan where she tried to explain how she wanted your relationship to be strictly professional?”