Chapter 3 - Nude - Part 2

A/N: Comment as you read, yeah? You guys are making a stellar job at helping this story to succed. Please don't stop <3 

CAMI:

I wanted to remember the look on Harry’s face for the rest of my life. It was a mixture of horror and embarrassment. The top of his ears were beetroot red, and his mouth and eyes were wide open as he stared around at the nude art. Personally, I’d seen my fair share of nude statues over the past three months, so I didn’t mind being here.

Actually, the only thing that bothered me right now was the fact that I didn’t have my camera to make this moment last forever. Harry’s expression was art in itself—I’d never seen such a perfect mixture of conflicting emotions before.

But most importantly, it was just plain funny. I coughed lightly, trying to hide my laugh.

A waiter came by with a tray filled with champagne flutes, and I saw Harry grab two before he turned back to me. He chugged one glass of champagne instantly.

“I figure this isn’t what you’d expected?” I asked, trying to keep my amusement out of my voice.

“Nope,” he said. “Not at all.” He stared around the room once, his eyes scanning quickly over the surface of most of the art. Then he chugged the second glass of champagne.

“Maybe we should just go,” he said and wiped his mouth. He glanced back, looking longingly at the door.

“Why?” I frowned.

“Do you want to be here?” His eyes widened as he looked back at me.

I shrugged. “It’s just bodies. You have seen them before, right?”

Harry scoffed. “Of course, I have. It’s just so…” He paused as a waitress in a black miniskirt walked by us. “So naked.

Looking around, I saw a stand filled with little folders about the exhibition. I walked over to grab one, and then returned to Harry. Opening the folder, I read out loud.

Celebrating the human body in both erotic and non-erotic ways, the artist Julio D’Angelo has created masterpieces using several materials to show off his admiration of the most advanced species on earth.

“Admiration, huh?” Harry said and averted his eyes from a very curvy statue to his right. “I can see that.”

“Come on,” I said. “At least let’s look around. Maybe I can get some inspiration for my next shoot.”

Upon hearing that, he looked horrified, but finally nodded with a sigh. “Okay then. But don’t you dare leave me alone in here. You’re staying right next to me this entire time.”

This time, I couldn’t hold it in; I laughed heartily. “Okay, Harry. I’ll hold your hand while we look at the big scary breasts.”

He stuck his tongue out at me but scooted closer just a moment later. I simply shook my head at him and began to walk around.

There was an open area with people scattered around. Most of them were dressed in formal clothes, and I realized that they were all older than Harry and me. As we walked around, I overheard little snippets of conversations.

“… In India the Hindu God, Shiva was worshiped much more in the form of his phallus or lingam…”

“… Hermes, the Greek messenger god, was depicted on herms with a phallus…”

“… In Hinduism, the yoni is the counterpart to Shiva’s lingam…”

It was all quite interesting, but I wasn’t here to listen to debates about Hinduism or any other religion. I glanced at Harry, who was struggling to find somewhere safe to look. It was kind of adorable. I smirked lightly and led him over to a large painting on the far wall.