Special Episode 15: [Meow] 2/2

Start from the beginning

Chan only sighed in reply. "Jisung continue."

Jisung cleared his throat, then explained, "Felix and I planned out the entire scheme of catching the guy."

"Yes, I already know that, but I mean what was your motive? I know a part of it was about Lee Know getting shot," Chan pressed.

Felix gulped and whispered to Jisung, "Should we tell him about what we saw?"

"What was that?" Chan questioned, "what did you saw?"

"Jeongin was umm... the next victim," Jisung stammered, "we saw his photo on the board along with the other victims." Back in the basement, Jisung didn't want to pick the locks as it would've taken some time away from escaping before the guy got back. He remembered the keys to be hanging near the board as the locked up males have told him before, but it was nowhere to be seen. On the contrary, he did found something and that was Jeongin's photo pinned right near Seungmin's photo.

Chan went pale, well paler than he could get, hearing that his secretary was next to be captured.

"He also kidnapped Seungmin before the following day we decided to implement our plan into action when we were done infiltrating the base," Jisung confessed, finally dared to lift his head.

"Wasn't the kidnapper his step-father?" Hyunjin recalled from the news he recently watched this morning in the hospital with Seungmin.

"Umm yeah, weird right?" Felix ponders, "why would Mr. Kim kidnap his son? Specifically why only Seungmin and not Wonpil or Woojin Hyung?"

Hyunjin bit his lips and started to sweat. "I think... I know why," Hyunjin mused. Everyone turned their curious gaze towards Hyunjin, then added on, "but it's not in my place to say it. Only Seungmin can."

While the others had their conversation, Minho felt his phone buzzed in his pocket and silently made his way out of the room.

Once he closed the door behind him, he picked up the call, "Hello?"

"Minho! Where are you?"

Minho was baffled. On the other line, he could hear panting and someone yelling, but not only that, the person's voice was unrecognizable, it was raspy. However, he did look at the caller's id, but their voice did not much at all. With much politeness that Minho muster, he asked, "Who are you?"

Only a few seconds later, Minho swore he heard a gunshot firing on the other line.

"It's me, Mrs. Han!" She clarified, "where are you? Are you with Jisung?"

This triggered Minho's flight or fight mode.

"Yes, we're in Chan's office area. Why? What's going on?" Minho bombarded.

He heard a couple of shouts of orders in the background. "That bastard managed to escape! I seriously need to hire new officers! These ding dongs don't know how to do their jobs right!" Mrs. Han shouted through the phone, "Look, my point is the guy is getting away! If my suspicion is correct, he could be after Jisung or Seungmin."

Well, it made sense to why he's after Jisung, but why also Seungmin? Why not the other victims?

"Remember what I said last night?" Mrs. Han asked. He could hear sirens go off and a door closing assuming that she's inside the police vehicle.