ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 20 - ʀᴇᴠᴇʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

(Oval Office, Next Day)

Jack was in a deep thinking. A lot had happened a day before, his secret service agents had informed him but he couldn't put a reason to it as to why Joanna had not questioned him yet about what she saw. No matter how much she made him angry, he had never wanted to get caught by her. It had just happened. But right now, there were bigger, more important questions for Jack that had to be answered. The curtains of the Oval Office were drawn shut and the room was dark, the only thing visible was the Kennedy brothers' silhouettes in the dark room. Bobby Kennedy placed his cigar to his lips and sucked in the smoke, letting it out while Jack twisted his glasses and slammed his fist on the desk.

"There is no goddamn way on earth I am dropping Lyndon off the ticket." Jack said, tapping his palm against the wood of his desk. Kenneth O'Donnell sat by the couch, his palms placed on either of his knees as he listened to the two brothers.

"After all the money laundering scandals, if you still want to keep him as your running mate, you are digging your own grave." Bobby spat out the words, taking a sharp drag of the cigar.

"I don't like Lyndon any more than I like to clean my dog's shit Bobby but Lyndon can get us Texas and the South." Jack replied to his brother while the third spectator just observed.

"Mr. President, I think you should send Lyndon back to Dallas. If anyone can get into their minds, it's him." Kenny said.

Jack sat back more comfortably in his leather chair and scratched his chin. "It makes sense, Kenny, Barry knows that our weak link is Texas, what better way to shut him up by stepping back into that nut state. But I don't think Lyndon should be the only one representing us."

"What are you thinking, Mr. President?" Kenny raised his eyebrow.

"I think I'm going to send Mrs. Kennedy with Lyndon to Dallas - " Jack said but before he could complete his sentence, he was cut off by Bobby.

"Are you out of your goddamn mind? You want to send your pregnant wife back to the city where some nutjob killed your first wife?" Bobby said, shaking his head.

"What did you say?" Jack said, in an authoritative tone.

"Well I am saying that you must be nuts if you want to send Joanna back to Dallas-"

"Bobby, what did you say about my pregnant wife?" Jack said, annoyed.

"Are you stoned?" Bobby got up, frustrated and rubbed his hands together, making his way up to the window and drawing the curtain open. When Bobby saw Jack's confused expressions, he understood.

"She didn't tell you." Bobby muttered.

"She's pregnant ?" Jack asked, his voice low.

"She told Ethel and Ethel told me. Ethel also told me some very disturbing things about you. What the fuck is wrong with you?" Bobby was suddenly towering over Jack, his hands placed on either of his hips. "Couldn't you wait for her to atleast get the fuck out of the White House and then bang that chick?"

"I had no fucking idea she would come to the swimming pool area. She usually stays at the office that time." Jack replied , his jaw tense and his lips now tightly pressed together.

"She wants to stay with us for a while at Hickory Hill. Ethel invited her." Bobby ran his hands through his hair and turned away from Jack. "You are playing a dangerous game, Jack. If she decides to go to the Press, we are dead. The fact that she is pregnant with your baby, all of America is going to side with her, and then there are your numerous infidelity stories goin around. You need to stop, Jack." Bobby's voice was stern and Jack bent forward, placing his elbows on the desk, his face buried in his palms. He then sat back and cleared his throat.