Chapter 34: How You Affect Me

So how was waiting for the next chapter after I mercilessly left you on a cliffhanger? Here's your answer losers, I mean dear readers.....

Milo's POV

I stared wide eyed at the ripples of the freezing water left from the splash, I started panicking until my body moved on it's own. I went after her, but instead of landing in water I landed on a sheet of ice. Ignoring my questions of why, I searched the surface for movements and I quickly reached out to a form. Please be her, I prayed as I grabbed hold of the form, pulling it up and I thanked Arceus when I saw what it was. Togepi.

But where was (y/n)?

I heard Glaceon call and leap down next to me, "You take care of Togepi, I'm going in to find her." Adrenaline was rushing through my veins as I dove in, searching for the small girl. Where are you? Where.... I saw her just before me, her skin growing bluer by the second.

I suddenly lost my breath and was forced to go back to the surface. Taking a deep breath and going back under the murky darkness that held my friend. I then pushed myself through the water, reaching out my arm and latching my hand onto her jacket after a few tries.

I pulled the girl close and brought her up to the surface, sliding (y/n)'s unconscious form onto the ice sheet her pokemon were on. Togepi was awake and Glaceon came up to the girl, nudging a pokeball from her holster. It opened and out came Noibat, he instantly flew off to do something which I hope was help.

I placed a hand on her arm, it was deathly cold and I could barely feel her pulse beating. No don't die on me, I felt tears roll down my face in a streaming mess as I held the girl close, it was as if I let her go she would never come back. That's how it was for a good 20 minutes, until,

"Milo, what happened!?" I heard the shout of my friends, I couldn't tell who. I just whimpered softly when a hand was placed on my shoulder, the adrenaline rush was passed and I could feel every stab of cold on my skin. I couldn't see what was going on and everything went like a blur, when my senses came back I was sat on a chair.

"Look who's back. Milo, you were starting to make us worry and we've been trying to find out what happened back there." I sighed softly and clenched my forehead, "Are you okay?" The person speaking was Piers, he knelt down and looked directly at me.

I shuddered, "Piers, where is (y/n)?" I muttered, I was sure my voice sounded broken because the black and white haired boy's expression filled with sadness. He didn't answer so I just barely whispered what happened, "We were crossing the bridge and I heard a cry, Togepi slipped over the edge and before I could do anything (y/n) dove in after her. W-when I didn't see her come back up," I stopped, not being able to make my voice work anymore. Tears flowing from my eyes and hitting the floor, making miniscule puddles below me.

"(y/n) is currently unconscious and the doctors are doing what they can, she's lucky you got her out of there when you did. If she stayed in any longer she could've started freezing inside out, also we decided that the best option for her was to drop out of the gym challenge." Piers stood up and murmured one last thing, "Milo, I know this is the last thing you want to hear but, the doctors aren't sure she'll wake up."

My world came crashing down on itself, "P-Piers, where is her room?" My friend placed a soft hand on my shoulder and sighed.

"Follow me." Was all he said and I shakily got off the chair, following his lead. Which on the way he started talking, "They aren't allowing any visitors at the moment and all of us are waiting for them to give the okay. Her pokemon all forced their way into her room and refused to leave. You looked like you were losing it," Piers took a breath and looked to me, "Milo, they almost had to put you under." I looked away, wishing he would stop talking but he didn't. "I understand though, I would have lost it too if I was put in the situation. Here we are."

I was met by the others looking up in our direction, "How you feeling, Milo?" Was what they all asked, I stayed quiet and rested my back against the wall. Slowly sliding down to the floor and never taking my eyes from the door.

A silence filled the air and after a few minutes I broke it, "Terrible, no worse than that." I murmured, catching their attention instantly. "I can't find the words to describe how I feel. How broken would you feel if you don't know if someone that makes your life colorful and bright will wake up, that how I feel right now." I started tearing up again, this time being embraced by each one of them and getting words of sympathy from each one.

Then there was a ding, "Hey you guys can come in but, be careful and quiet." A doctor gave the okay and I slowly entered the room once my friends let me go.

The girl was surrounded by her pokemon, each one curled up with her and doing their best to keep her safe. She had multiple sources of heat near her, including Ninetails who was using a small flame. "Her pokemon refuse to let anyone near her and we were just barely able to do what we could, I'll be surprised if they even allow you to approach their trainer." The doctor said and quickly left.

"(y/n), why would you do that? You knew what would happen if you jumped in and yet here we are." I settled down on the chair next to her bed, Glaceon looked up from where she was laying and chirped softly. The noise alerted the rest of her team, who instantly recognized me and moved except for Glaceon and Togepi.

'Pi toge Dad.' Togepi looked up at me sadly, I sighed and picked up the little pokemon. "Yes I know, Togepi. Mom is just sleeping right now, it's not your fault." I murmured and Togepi wedged herself into my arms, staying uncharacteristically quiet.

I smiled slightly, "You hear that, (y/n)? Togepi learned another word." My voice sounded, I heard the door open quietly. Then a few growls sounded and I looked back to see Ninetails and Boltund stopping someone from entering.

"They weren't kidding about you guys." I knew that voice, "You know us, we won't hurt her." Another voice I know. The two canine like pokemon huffed and looked to me for an okay, I nodded and they begrudgingly allowed the two people to come in.

Arin and Kabu were the owners of the voices. In Arin's hand was a familiar sun hat, "Hey kiddo, found this on our way here." He flipped on the hat, my hat. "Her father couldn't come, his boss was being extra finicky about him taking off."

"Don't bother explaining, your friend that is the definition of depressed already told us." Kabu explained, I'm guessing he was referring to Piers.

I looked back to the sleeping girl and let out a sigh,

"Oh how you affect me, (y/n) ."

Okay so I said I wouldn't update until later today but I was bored on the car ride home. Hope you enjoyed the chapter
L signing off