Chapter 19: Light in the Snowstorm

Milo's POV

I sighed softly as I heard (y/n)'s sobs fade, signaling the girl was asleep. I should probably take her with me, if she gets nightmares it would be better if I was already there to help. I picked up the girl, she was still extremely light. She wouldn't eat much and only eat something small in the morning and dinner, so she stayed incredibly light and it was surprising that nobody ever realized it but me. Luckily the habit was lost awhile ago.

"You sure know how to make me worry sick and tear myself up inside. But you light up my life like nobody else." I murmured and headed off to my tent only to be stopped by Eevee and Vulpix.

They both looked angered and were glaring at me, "What did I do?" I asked and they glanced at the small, sleeping figure curled up in my arms. "Oh, she wasn't doing good so I thought it would be better to be right there if she woke up from nightmares. If you think I made her cry, I didn't." I knelt down to the two pokemon and they jumped onto her stomach.

That's how the girl and her pokemon stayed most of the night, curled up on the sleeping bag and sleeping soundly. But as I thought, she woke up again and then got me up. "M-Milo, are y-y-you awa-wake?" She sniffed with her eyes all puffy and bloodshot. "Yes I'm up, you want some tea?" I asked with a soft voice and sat up. She nodded, her face in Eevee's fur. I smiled and went to make the warm drink, leaving Eevee and Vulpix to keep her company.

"Eevee, w-why does h-he put up w-with m-e?" I heard a familiar voice ask, oh (y/n) please don't start doing that. "I-I mean a-all I d-o i-i-is waste his t-tim-me with my pr-problems." She continued and I finished up then walked back with a cup of the warm liquid in hand.

"(y/n), stop talking like you're a bother to me. Cause you aren't." I handed her the tea and sat next to her, leaning her head against my side. "You will never be a waste of time to take care of, even with your problems." I murmured, rubbing my hand against her arm.

Her sniffles faded and she set an empty cup down, snuggling into my chest. I felt like my face became a Sizzlepede and realized who it was, not like I didn't know but I realized what the girl meant to me. "Goodnight Milo." She smiled up at me and fell asleep, I smiled back and brushed her hair out of her face. A thought came to mind and I blushed, "Goodnight (y/n)." I pressed my lips gently against her forehead and pulled away, laying her on the sleeping bag. Then laying down myself and falling asleep.

Your POV

I woke up in a bright green tent, oh I remember now, Milo brought me to his tent. I smiled slightly, sitting up and looking around. My eyes fell on Eevee and Vulpix curled up half on my lap half off, Milo was missing well he always has been an early riser.

I slowly moved the two pokemon off my lap and stood up, quietly walking out of the tent. As usual, the farmer was up and ready. "Morning, you sleep well?" He asked, I tilted my head when I saw him taking my (f/c) tent down. "Minus waking up in the middle of the night, good. Why are you packing up my tent?" My voice was all groggy and raspy when I hit certain tones of voice.

"I figured I should pack it up for you. Just being nice." He answered with a smile, then walked up to me, "You might want to brush your hair out, it's about as messy as a Tangela." Milo giggled softly and handed me my bag, "Oh and we should make it to Hammerlocke today."

"Cool, when are we heading out?" I sat down and started brushing out my messy (h/c) hair, I can't wait to get to Hammerlocke, I wonder how big the town is. I thought, Eevee and Vulpix woke up and rushed over to me.

'Eevee!' Eevee squealed out and leaped into my arms, Vulpix just sat next to me and pressed his soft mahogany fur against my side. "You two are acting like I just came out of the hospital." Their affection was as if I worried the two pokemon to death.

"Well I would be acting like that too if I was them, you sounded like you were half dead. Heck I'm worried, but not as worried as those two." I gave the farmer a confused glance, "I did?" He nodded. I stood back up and slung my bag over my shoulders, "Can you tell me why on our way to Hammerlocke?" I sighed and let out my other pokemon.

"Sure thing." He smiled and grabbed his bag, then we set off again.

Time Skip

Milo finished explaining a good fifteen minutes ago and now we were talking about random subjects. "So, (y/n), have you ever thought about what eeveelution you want Eevee to evolve into?" My friend asked. I looked at the Eevee on my shoulder and smiled, "Not really, I don't mind what she evolves into. Though my mother told me a story about a gigantamax Glaceon, (yes the eeveelutions can gigantamax in the story) she said that it's tail has tons of ice shards and they reflect off the light making an aurora. It was my favorite story and I can't help but wonder if Eevee could do that." I answered with a smile, 'Vee Eevee.' My partner squeaked out and leaped to the ground.

"Eevee! Where are you going?" I called and rushed after her.

Third person with Eevee

Eevee ran into a snowstorm stopping near the Lake of Outrage, 'vee vee ' She sniffed the ground and started searching for something. "Eevee, where are you!?" The evolution pokemon heard her trainer call, Eevee shook her head and began searching again.

Her brown and creme fur ruffled in the wind, catching snowflakes in the tangles of it. The calling of Eevee's name got louder and louder, (y/n) was growing closer to Eevee. 'Vee?' Eevee pulled her head back in surprise, a blue glow shone through the tendrils of a shrub.

She nodded and inched closer to the glow, until her nose touched the object. "Eev-" (y/n) ran over to the now glowing Eevee and knelt down to watch the light in the snowstorm,  "Eevee, what are you doing?" She breathed out to frozen to do anything.

After a few moments, the blinding light faded and revealed...

Your POV

I opened my eyes when the light dimmed, what I saw was no longer the brown and creme pokemon Eevee. No, what my (e/c) orbs landed on was a Glaceon. "Glaceon? You evolved. But what... How?" I was starstruck and practically speechless at the sight.

'Glaceon Glac' Her voice was now deeper and smoother, it almost sounded like the character in a show that always mothers everyone. The ice that froze my feet was gone and I pulled Eev- no Glaceon into a tight hug. "(y/n)! Where are you?!" I heard Milo call.

"Over here! By the Lake of Outrage!" I shouted back and saw the bulky figure of the young farmer fade into view. "You can't run off like that, what if you froze and I never found you." I heard his worry stricken voice and sighed. "Eevee evolved, Milo. Look." I gestured to the ice blue pokemon in my arms, 'Glac Glaceon!'

"That's why she ran off, Glaceon was evolving." He smiled, I shivered the cold was now getting to me. "But if you stay there any longer, you'll freeze. C'mon, let's hurry to the entrance." Milo stood me up and Glaceon leaped to my shoulders.

Is Glaceon able to gigantamax? Did she hear the story and run off to evolve because of that?

New chapter!! Sorry if I didn't choose the eeveelution you wanted. I was thinking and I found the legend pretty fitting for (y/n). So anyways, hope you liked it and that's all
L signing off

Quote of the chapter-
"There are no accidents; there are only some purpose that we haven't yet understood."
       - Deepak Chopra